By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Russia Invades Georgia

Ugh really the media have a hard time to choose a side this time.

Georgians say their are almost no casualties.

Russia says their are thousands of casualties.

Then I see some footage of burning buildings, dead bodies on the ground etc...

Who to believe?

Then I see a discussion of two womans.  One talks about how horrible Russian is by attacking a port etc...

Then the other one says isn't it normal at war that those things happen 'Do we forgot Dresden? Hiroshima etc'..

The discussion goes on....Then the second woman start about how this is like Kosovo the majority of the people in South Ossetia wants to be a part of Russia but Georgia doesn't allow it and the Western World closed their eyes for those Russian people in South Ossetia simply because they were Pro Russia?   While we put a lot of attention for those people in kosovo who wanted to be independent of a Pro Russian country....

Then the first woman stand up and called the other woman a Pro russian B*tch.  Ha I love the media.

Ugh I really have a hard time to say who is wrong if I was Russian and see how people are in danger in South Ossetia simply because they have a Russian passport or like Russia more well I guess I would fight Georgia aswell.

If I was Georgian I probably will fight the Russian citizens/troops...

If this was a war between Georgia and Azerbadjan we/media probably would be neutral and say they are both wrong..But hey this is Russia...We will always hate Russia, we live in countries who a democracy so hate Russia! Thank you USA, Canada etc for saving us from the Germans,  and for the Russians who helped us and gave so many lifes for us with helping defeating the Germans.....FUCK YOU!!!  We don't needed you Communism pigs!! Ah I love the fucked up world.

Around the Network

russia supplied the rebels and had them provoke a conflict so russia would be able to assert themselves over georgia. intentional bombing of civilian areas and bombing of the oil facilities show this is what he wants to do. Putin is treating it like another one of russias wayward provinces. (which is how he views all the ex-soviet states).

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

megaman79 said:
Speaking of veto's why didn't Frances veto of the 2003 Iraq invasion go ahead?

Because invading Iraq was not the UN's decision?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

"Russia says Ukraine helping Georgia"

http://www.reuters.com/article/asiaCrisis/idUSL9126746

This is getting more and more serious, unless these latest declarations from Russia are just scare tactics.

NJ5 said:

This is getting more and more serious, unless these latest declarations from Russia are just scare tactics.

Phew I thought it was more worse:

"The Ukrainian government, which has been enthusiastically arming Georgian troops from top to bottom, was in fact encouraging Georgia to attack and carry out ethnic cleansing in South Ossetia," the ministry said in a statement on its website www.mid.ru.

Not really helping right?  I thought there were Ukrainian troops over there X_X.....

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
NJ5 said:

Phew I thought it was more worse:

"The Ukrainian government, which has been enthusiastically arming Georgian troops from top to bottom, was in fact encouraging Georgia to attack and carry out ethnic cleansing in South Ossetia," the ministry said in a statement on its website www.mid.ru.

Not really helping right?  I thought there were Ukrainian troops over there X_X.....

Nah, it's just Russia saying so... But this is a pretty clear message to NATO and especially the US. The US in particular was trying to pull Georgia and Ukraine into NATO.

its too bad they arent in nato already.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

starcraft said:
Rath said:
And this once again shows the ridiculous system that is the UN security council. Whenever a permanent member goes to war the council is powerless due to the veto and the only time it really gets dangerous is when a permanent member goes to war!

Or when China or Germany does but that's another matter.

China is a permanent member........

Whoops was quite drunk while I said that. Lets just throw Japan or India in its place.

Rath said:
And this once again shows the ridiculous system that is the UN security council. Whenever a permanent member goes to war the council is powerless due to the veto and the only time it really gets dangerous is when a permanent member goes to war!

Or when China or Germany does but that's another matter.

China is a permanent member of the security council.

Edit: Whoops already covered.

Man this just keeps getting crazier and worse. We have been "overdue" for a bunch of wars though.

The US and UN are sending in envoys now.  Lets hope the envoys actually get their.  Can't imagine what would happen if they got caught up in the fighting.

colonelstubbs said:
Will this lead to the first use of a nuclear warhead for war purposes since Hiroshima?

Will somebody actually nuke Russia?

Not unless Douglas MacArthur is reanimated and takes control of the US armed forces.