By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What are your favorite hip hop albums of this millennium so far?

Stankonia by OutKast, 2001.

Temporary Forever by Busdriver, 2002.

Paullelujah! by MC Paul Barman, 2002.

Speakerboxxx/The Love Below by OutKast, 2003.

To the 5 Burroughs by Beastie Boys, 2004.

White People by Handsome Boy Modeling School, 2004.

I haven't really been paying attention for the last few years.  Almost all my hip hop is 80's and 90's.  I even have a huge gap from about 1995 to 2000, but hey, fuck that period.  I want hip hop recommendations from this millennium.  I love just about anything with Dan the Automator's hands in it.  And Deltron 3030 is working on a comeback album!

Around the Network

Oh come on people. I'm in the mood for recent hip hop, and you're gonna let me down?

Oh hell yes I just found Wave Twisters in its entirety up on YubeTube.

i will have to go with outkast Stankonia, i loved hey ya and ms jackson, i also liked kanye west's album (forgot the name) hip hop as a whole has gone down hill though, i like the old stuff like public enemy, jazzy jeff and fresh prince, ll cool j his old stuff, NWA, noughty by nature luniz, and tupac and biggie, i am probably forgetting some.

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

That's my problem. It was sooooo much better in the 80's. Everything you mentioned plus Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five, Beastie Boys, Run-D.M.C. N.W.A., De La Soul, Afrika Bambaataa and Soulsonic Force, etc. etc. etc. I can barely name any rappers after 1995.

Around the Network

dude you are a dumb person, talking about "recent rap" and you don't even list anything past 2004.
good rap is somewhere you can find all your other emo underground garbage, so try giving it a chance, it's out there, just not on mtv.

besides you aren't talking rap or hip hop or even spoken word for that matter. You're talking easy listening hip-pop

as far as "recent", if you are into mainstream rap nas really killed it on his last album and so did mystical, but that's not really recent. check out lupe's "the cool",

and as far as in the millienia do NOT, not-list Big L, probably the greatest potential rapper of all time until he was killed. :P

T.I. -Urban Legend
Kanye West -The College Dropout
Nas -Stillmatic
Lil' Wayne -The Carter
Kanye West -Late Registration

Oooh we have a musical elitist here with theprof. Two can play at that game.

Almost all modern rap/hip-hop/r&b is an embarrassment to music, even the people who practically created those genres such as James Brown (who is a legend) are ashamed of what it has become. That includes your 'underground' music.

Edit: And yeah, as you might have guessed I don't actually have a personal favourite in modern hip hop.

*shuffles out of the topic*

Dizze Rascal
Immortal Technique
Aesop Rock
Sole

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away"