By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Are you buying Resistance 2?

Resistance is anything BUT generic. Look at all the new features they are intoducing in Resistance 2, 8 player online co-op, 60 player multiplayer, new weapons which far outstrip everything anything else has to offer, 8 player squad objectives, etc...

Saying Resistance 2 will be generic is saying you are misinformed.

MGS4!

Around the Network

Yep

twesterm said:
Arkk said:
twesterm said:

Not a chance in hell.

I didn't like the first one and it's safe bet the second one is going to be pretty similar to the first: uninspired.

Though I do agree with you that the first iteration was uninspired, it wasn't a bad game by any means. It was just.... okay. From the looks of things though, Resistance 2 looks to be leaps and bounds above 1. You can just tell by how much stuff is going on at once that they have tried to work out some of the issues that some of us had with the generic design of the levels.

I hope the second one is better, and I think that I will be getting the game. Probably not on day one though, unless the beta really changes my mind.

I don't think the first game was actually bad either, in fact, it was a good launch game.  I firmly believe that the second one will make significant improvements but that still doesn't change the fact I likely won't like the second one.

Take Halo for example.  If I hated Halo or Halo 2, do you think I would like Halo 3?  Halo 3 is a good game that made improvements on the previous games but that still doesn't change the fact if I don't like Halo games I won't like Halo 3.

That's exactly the point I was getting at. I enjoyed the first to an extent, so I will be able to enjoy the second regardless, and because it looks like they are making strides to make that gameplay and total experience better, I will enjoy it more (hopefully).

You are definitely right though. The example you used with Halo was right on the money.

Just kiss the tip.

purchasing

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Q_A_X said:
Resistance is anything BUT generic. Look at all the new features they are intoducing in Resistance 2, 8 player online co-op, 60 player multiplayer, new weapons which far outstrip everything anything else has to offer, 8 player squad objectives, etc...

Saying Resistance 2 will be generic is saying you are misinformed.

The first Resistance was generic and there is nothing anyone can say to make me think otherwise. I played through the entire game. That's not to say I didn't enjoy it (I did), but it could have been so much more.

Just kiss the tip.

Around the Network

My brother and I are DYING for a good coop game. First Resistance (platinum) is in the mail and on it's way. If it's good, Resistance 2 will be a definate purchase.

mm not i ma buying a ps3 on less than a month, but there are games that i prefer over resistance, played the first one never really get that into it, so i prefer to spend my money on other games that are coming

No, I'm going with Fallout 3 this Fall. From what I have gathered it doesn't look like R2 is really pushing to provide an engaging and deep narrative as literally all the focus has been on the gameplay and gigantic bosses up to now. What little we do know about the storyline sounds quite cliche and underdeveloped. While I'm not certain of Fallout 3's narrative fidelity I am rather sure, given the history of the franchise that it will be superior to R2's narrative.

Yes, I'll be buying it. And if there is a SE I'll buy it too.

yes.

End of 2008 Sales:

Wii- 39 Million 360- 25Million PS3- 22 Million

PSN: papasmurf5721