By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Japanese Stocks Rise; Sony Reaches Highest in More Than 4 Years

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601101&sid=ajbKoZXI2hOk&refer=japan Sony, the maker of the Playstation 3 game console, jumped 230 yen, or 3.8 percent, to 6,230, the highest close since July 9, 2002.

Around the Network

Its good news for Sony that even though the games division is doing badly (losing heaps of cash), the company can still turn a tidy profit. Remember everyone - Sony is about much more than the Playstation.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

True, I think this burst is mostly because of the European launch and then that article about "fastest selling console" PR spin again.

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

For Sony at the moment, *any* good news is... great news. It could have been "PS3 pre-orders bomb in Europe"...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

xtx said:
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601101&sid=ajbKoZXI2hOk&refer=japan Sony, the maker of the Playstation 3 game console, jumped 230 yen, or 3.8 percent, to 6,230, the highest close since July 9, 2002.

Good for them! Sony is really neat!

Around the Network

Too bad for people who bought Sony stock a year ago. Their shares have barely risen at all.

FishyJoe said:
Too bad for people who bought Sony stock a year ago. Their shares have barely risen at all.

That is pure hogwash! Want to back that statement up? I didn't think so..

Dave Sanders said:
FishyJoe said:

That is pure hogwash! Want to back that statement up? I didn't think so..

Think again.

FishyJoe said:

April 10th 2006 = $47.28

April 10th 2007 = $54.01

Yes, a 14% return in one year is terrible...

Arcturus said:
FishyJoe said:

April 10th 2006 = $47.28

April 10th 2007 = $54.01

Yes, a 14% return in one year is terrible...

Depends on who you compare it to.