By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bungie may work on other consoles, leaving Microsoft gives company "new energy"

August 6th, 2008 @ 09:58

In an interview with GI at Develop last week, Bungie lead AI programmer, Damian Isla said the company won’t rule out working on other consoles in the future.

“For now we are working on Xbox 360 with Microsoft but I don’t know beyond that,” said Isla.

Bungie seems to be enjoying its re-discovered independence, with Isla saying the split from the Redmond giant is “like there’s definitely a new energy in the company and I think that’s exactly what the intention was [in going independent again],” he said.

“There’s a real optimism about where we’re going.”

Full interview through the link.

Source...

Around the Network

an original ps360 ip would rock

I'd rather see them work on the lead console, the Wii, a greater diversity of games would be greatly welcomed.

^i can see them cashing in on the wii too...to fund the ps360 original ip that is :p

HALO ps3 confirmed

just playing dont get mad xbots

Around the Network

Bungie would more than likely develop games for the PS360/PC. Developing games for the Wii is a tedious process for developers because getting it to work with the motion control and GC controller is more difficult process than just focusing on using the PC as the lead format to make games on.
Most developers, develop games on a PC even though they are going to be console exclusive. PC's are easiest to develop on and offer virtually unlimited possibilities.

markers said:
^i can see them cashing in on the wii too...to fund the ps360 original ip that is :p

Q: Are you excited by any new trends in gaming hardware?

Damian Isla: I can only speak for myself here, it's definitely really exciting to see interfaces like the Wii and interfaces like the brain interface - I mean really expanding the range of inputs into a game, in these various ways, and maybe moving in a direction where a much more casual gamer can come and pick up your game and wave a wand at a screen rather than learning ten different buttons to play Halo with the current Xbox 360 controller. That's really exciting and I think that's a very positive trend for the industry.

Anyway, I'm curious what they're capable of doing, I've only played Myth and Halo from them. A unique Wii title would be nice, who knows... nice to know they're free from Microsoft, though, since I don't have a 360

obieslut said:
HALO ps3 confirmed

just playing dont get mad xbots

i wonder if using the term xbot counts as trolling.

i dont think they can make halo for anything other than for microsoft cuz i think they bought the rights to it. unless they pay them a certain % of earnings they get from the other systems. but other than that a halo chronicles type thing would be sweet like bundle halo1/2/3 and sell it for say...$70 (can probably be on 1 blu-ray with all the new maps for 3 lol) for ps3 and wii

I'd rather see them work on the lead console, the Wii,

Great idea for a company that is famous for its awesome graphics