By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - overclocking help

a12331 said:
ssj12 said:
a12331 said:
ssj12 said:
a12331 said:
ssj12 said:

I currently have a minor OC on my CPU and GPU. GPU I'm not worried about OCing but the CPU I am. I think I need to adjust voltages a bit, are there any specific opinions on how to go about this without frying my CPU (grant it when AMD releases the Athlon Noma series this PC is getting one of those processors)

current OC is from 2.41GHz to 2.45GHz.

As you may know you should overclock little by little and you check for stability and temp. With that said what are you temps. Also don't you have a 9600gt, the best way to overclock that card is to overclock the pci express bus (but be carefull as that may cause damage to your motherboard. Another note is to try to get 1 to 1 fsb with the ram such as ddr2 667 has a fsb of 333 so that would be your limit.

thats what I have been doing. The PCIe thing put my system into safe mode. Right now 37C at 2.74GHz.

if you keep chugging along you can get to 3.2ghz

2.5Ghz, btw the PCIe x16 slot is at 1000MHz. Thats max that Gigabyte allows.

oh that sucks, if you overclock the bus you get the most performance boost, but you can still overclock the cores

Gigabyte's motherboards typically suck for OCing from what I heard. Plus this is a $40 board so wasnt expecting much out of it.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

Pencil mod that shit

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

sieanr said:
Pencil mod that shit

I would but my FSB is at it's max with my processor at 2.52GHz... I guess budget motherboards are budget for a reason.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453