By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Finally, a smart, legal way to get awesome old games..

libellule said:
Riachu said:
libellule said:

I have already purchased/acquired during the last 2 years :

legal

DeusEx,
Baldur gate (1+2 + 2*add-on)

less legal

Planetescape Torment : too hard to get a real copy !!!
System shock 1 and 2

EDTI : about GoG

well, it seems cheap and really amazing for "old school players"

(WITH A LOT O TIME ^^)

and also for people who want to see want the fuss is about for these classic games

like me,

a Amiga player that directly go PSX and PS2 and warcraft3 without playing some of the best W-RPG / FPS-RPG

The only WRPGs I've played are Fable and Mass Effect.  That's why this is a great service to check out the older yet critically praised WRPGs and games in general

Around the Network

This looks like something worth checking out.
One of the reason I gave up on PC gaming is that you can't play the old stuff on the new units.
(I gave away at least 100 PC games -- on 5-1/4 floppies no less).

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

I think it's pointless and similarly to the VC a waste of money when you can get all of those games and more free online. Those being so up in arms about legal status and whatnot, I'm sure most if not all of you had downloaded a song for free at least once in your life.

umm. about 80% of all classic games are available for free download. Heck, if the developers still exist you can download from the developer websites. Thats how i got Duke 3D, Wolf 3D, FallOut, GTA, etc.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

DTG said:
I think it's pointless and similarly to the VC a waste of money when you can get all of those games and more free online. Those being so up in arms about legal status and whatnot, I'm sure most if not all of you had downloaded a song for free at least once in your life.

So you would rather downlad these games illegally through torrents than to get it legally at a cheap price.  I am not saying I never used a bittorrent before though

Around the Network

btw, a giant FYI, if a publisher/developer stops sales of a title it is legal to download due to the fact the game is no longer available for purchase; usually, this is why some publishers/devs put downloads on their sites for the older games.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

oh man...bioforge..

Riachu said:
DTG said:

So you would rather downlad these games illegally through torrents than to get it legally at a cheap price. I am not saying I never used a bittorrent before though

Depends on the game. But if you happen to have missed out on extremely rare classics such as Earthbound, Chrono and others that often fetch upwards of 100 dollars used I certainly don't condemn downloading them. If however you're just being cheap by downloading still on the market games that are having a hard enough time selling as they are such as No More heroes or Killer7 I think that is wrong, because if you really enjoy the game and developer you should contribute toward them making a profit and new games in the future. If it's a game like GTA that rakes in hundreds of millions in profit in a matter of weeks then I certainly do not care either way.

DTG said:

you can also just as easy get free recent games from Wii, Xbox 360 and PC. If you are morally lacking to give developers what they deserve, it's not my problem.

And no, it's not like VC because you can download the game on any PC, DRM-free.

ssj12 said:

btw, a giant FYI, if a publisher/developer stops sales of a title it is legal to download due to the fact the game is no longer available for purchase.

That's good to know