By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RE4 for the first time

I had never played RE4 on any system ever, until last night.  I am on chapter 2 and I must say that so far I am very happy with it.  Some of the effects, like the dudes with the tentacles comming out of their heads, are just downright creepy looking.  The control scheme was not an issue.  I am getting pretty handy with the shotgun.  Amazing game.  I have hijacked my sons Wii and it is now downstairs hooked up to the home theater system.  Sitting on the couch drinking beer and killing zombies.  It don't get any better than that. 

Around the Network

well they are not zombies, and it is the first time I am playing it too. I just got it today, because it was just released (at full price I might add) today here in Sweden. I am trying to squeeze it in with Godfather, because I am almost finished with Godfather. Excellent games I must add, the godfather has perfect controls and I enjoy throwing people off bridges with the remotes, have not played RE4 too much though. It has a sense of suspense that I enjoy.

it's 1.30am here and I'm going to play the game for the very first time, cya guys later ;)

If you hear screaming....it's the neo-zombies.

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"

I played through it on the PS2 and had an amazing time with it. RE4 is truly a great game. My brother picked up the Wii edition and from the little I've watched, using the wii remote to target is way better than having to use the laser sight from the other iterations of the game.
The game itself is great but with extra content included from the PS2 edition, you guys will not regret getting this game - it's a must have title regardless of what system you have it for.

My friend played it last night for the first time at 9PM, he didn't leave my house until 6AM this morning. I think he liked it.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

Around the Network

Not only that, but in the dodge cinematics there's hardly any lag at all, unlike the GC and PS2 version. I also find the swinging of the Wiimote to dodge an attack in a cinema to be extremely responsive. No wonder Capcom didn't add any new features; they were working really hard on the controls since they were the main complaint for most Wii games.

Yeah the first time I played it was when I bought it last week. One hell of a game. Beat it twice already. It's more fun the second time.

It is my first time too, I never liked the others RE(I only played 2 and 3), but this game is different, it has a plot that I want to know what's next to happen, why are those people acting like "normal" but like zombies at the same time. Why do they have crappy spanish voices?, that's the reason why I liked this game and the controls are very well designed.

PS Vita and PC gamer

CPU Intel i5 2500K at 4.5 Ghz / Gigabyte Z68 Mobo / 8 Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 mhz / Sapphire HD 7970 Dual X Boost / Corsair Obsidian 550d 

You can also use the Gamecube controller to play it (for the original Gamecube scheme) and the Traditional Controller (for the PS2 scheme)

End of 2007 Predictions:

Wii =18m

360=14m

PS3=7m

DS=64m

PSP=30m

first time too. and very thrilling. love the controls. feels real. graphics are nice (waiting for a real Wii game that nice...), plot seems fun, music's great and game mechanics are better than the other RE games (walking was a pain, shooting was horrendous).

great buy for 40€ (even though it's 50$ and europeans get f***ed again)