By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Well I just bought resistance Fall of Man for my PS3...

After playing the demo and thinking "what a god awful peice of crap this game must be" I went against my better judgement and bought the game used for 20 bucks. Mostly because resistance 2 looks pretty sweet and I wanted to be caught up on the story.

I'm a good ways into it (just got through the jeep driving stage in the cheddar gorge) and I gotta say I am very pleasantly surprised. Certainly doesn't deserve any game of the year awards, but it is a fun romp. Seems very much like Halo circa 1950, but that's not really a terrible thing. It's dumbfounding to me though that they picked that section for the demo though. That's not a particularly fun part, and it doesn't show off at all what the game is about. So anybody that has recently got a PS3 and are unsure about resistance after playing the demo, go ahead and get it. The demo sucks, but the game is cool.

I haven't gotten to play online much, but I don't think it has vehicles if I'm correct which is a huge bummer. Or I'm just misinformed and there are tanks and jeeps in which case, sweet. I played one round online and it was fairly fun, but I had no idea what was going on since I had barely played the single player. I kept getting augers and thinking they sucked ass because I didn't know that they were for shooting through walls.

I'm not a big fan of the generic alien shooting FPS, but this is at the very least the equivelant of a good summer action flick. Not a whole lot of surprises, but it's still alot of fun.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

I was very disappointed when playing it (maybe I was to excited when IGN called it killerapp, which was ridiculous), it's good you like it though.

yeah, I mean it's not something mind blowing. If I was expecting something amazing from it I would probably be disapointed to. But I expected it to suck after the demo, and I'm pleasantly surprised that I'm actually having fun with it.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

i love resistance,good that you like it too

If you know someone you should try Co op mode it is more fun with two :).

Around the Network

it's a good game, but i prefer gears...

Resistance is a good game. Even though the game is sans vehicles, the online is still a fun experience. Also, try and master the Auger. I know a lot of fellow gamers do not like it, but it can be devastating if mastered.

I played the new Turok demo before and I didn't really like it. I bought the game later though and it was a lot better than I expected.

I'm guessing Resistance is kind of the same? I've recently rented a PS3 and tried the demo as well, and I REALLY didn't like it. But after what you said, maybe I should rent the real game and check it out myself. I could be surprised!

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Its very good in my view.

I wan't to buy this before RFOM:2 but am not convinced it is worth it.