By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Bough a new computer

Hello guys, i bought a new laptop, not very big, just wanted for school, but what i want to know is how good is for can play some games, for example, i would like to play half life 2, and both episodes and the third if i could. here are the specifications:

Windows Vista home basic
Mobile AMD sempron (tm) proccesor 3600+ 2.00 Ghz
RAM: 1GB 667 mhz ddr2
Nvidia Geoforce 7000M / nForce 610M
HDD 120 gb
TFT/WXGA de 15.4 inches, Brightview, 1280x800 

I dont know how good is that Graphic card. So, can i play the half life games in this computer?? What about other games, what games could i play?? What if i put 1GB RAM more, could i play more games with that?? I hope you can help me and thanks.

End of 2011 (made 02/01/11) 
Wii: 99.453 m
Xbox 360: 67.837 m 
Ps 3: 60.726 m

Best Games/Serie of the Generation

Around the Network

Since nobody else wants to respond:

I think you might be able to play Half-Life games, they aren't too bad on requirements. You can check the website below to see if you can run all sorts of games. Unfortunately I think your video card probably won't show up in their database and will fail their check if they don't know what it is.

http://www.yougamers.com/

To Each Man, Responsibility

Since you are running Vista, the amount of ram you have could be problematic. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for that?

I'd say with 1 gig ram you'll barely be able to run Vista, I'd look into fixing that right away or downgrading to XP.

First, laptops rarely are good for games. Second, that laptop seems to be a low end one. It has a mere 1GB of RAM that turns into a problem if you have Vista. Third, that video card is bad, very bad. You'll be able to play the Half-Life 2 games, probably at around medium-high settings, maybe 1024x768.

Around the Network
JaggedSac said:
Since you are running Vista, the amount of ram you have could be problematic. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for that?

In dollars would be around $600-650

@ sqrl. You are right, is not working, i will try with other computer and see what happens, Thanks for your help.

End of 2011 (made 02/01/11) 
Wii: 99.453 m
Xbox 360: 67.837 m 
Ps 3: 60.726 m

Best Games/Serie of the Generation

I have a laptop with vista and I have 2 gigs of ram and it takes up about half of it so 1 gig of ram is might not be enough

My Top 5 Games of All Time

1. FF7 4. SSX Tricky

2. FE7 5. RE4

3. MGS4

VALENCIA CF

SACRAMENTO KINGS