By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Graphics: Killzone 2 or Gears of War II?

Just the above.

As for me, I don't really know.

Killzone's character animations/ textures/ model seem more polished, but Gear 's environments look better.

Remember: everything stated by everyone is a simple opinion =)

Around the Network

All I care for are good textures, and it seems Gears of War 2 has the upper hand here. Honestly, the two consoles are pretty identical in terms of graphical capability. It only depends on the developers: better this, lower that, or lower this, better that?

*EDIT: For a comparison, look at these screenshots:

Gears of War 2 (notice the floor, the small cube things on the left and right and the little wall): http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/889/889122/gears-of-war-2-20080714033209098.jpg

Killzone 2 (notice the gun shield (?) and other wall textures): http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/890/890010/killzone-2-20080715040155663.jpg

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Killzone 2...

Gears 2, but if your using this thread to determine which console is better, SHMUPgurus explained it pretty well.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

KZ2 has the more impressive graphics display. Gears has amazing graphics as well, but what really gets me about it is the 3rd person view beauty and viewing things into the distance. KZ2 doesn't give you that. Of course I like Gears gameplay more as well.

Around the Network
Shadowblind said:
Gears 2, but if your using this thread to determine which console is better, SHMUPgurus explained it pretty well.

No I would never do that, it would be really dumb, as we know every game uses any kind of harware in different ways, so we will never see this concept of " the game that demonstrates the full capabilities of a console" condesed. Never.

killzone 2

killzone 2 from the trailers compared to gears 2

Killzone2 by a mile.

Gears2 looks great but Killzone2 has proven over and over to be in a league of it own.

Hus said:
Killzone2 by a mile.

Gears2 looks great but Killzone2 has proven over and over to be in a league of it own.

Little league?

Tease.