By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will SE support the Wii?

trestres said:
Because a movie takes up resources and time from the devs, and because they are making a bundle with it.

But they're making it on Blu Ray as a movie, can I then say that they are supporting Samsung? It's not like they are making it on PSN Video Store like Xam'd, if the Wii had a Blu Ray drive then it would be able to play it too....as a matter of fact is that movie Blu Ray exclusive or is it coming out on DVD as well?

Around the Network

I have given up hope on these guys. Every platform except the Wii has a new RPG IP being developed. The DS has Sigma Harmonics, The PSP has Final Fantasy Agito XIII, The PS360 has the Last Remnant, and The IPod has Song Summoner: The Unsung Heroes.
It's clear that Square Enix does not get the Wii. At least Namco does with games like Tales of Symphonia 2 and Fragile, which looks really good.

Square is probably developing wine list, Vacation Maps, and maybe Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors 2 using the Wii motion plus. These guys are not going to be as ambitious as Namco. Hopefully Monolith can pick up the slack. I would not mind having Baten Kaitos 3 and/or Soma Bringer 2 grace the Wii.

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba

@Patjuan: Haha, but if there were new IP:s, people would complain it's shovelware and SE isn't willing to put their existing IP:s to Wii. If you haven't noticed, no matter what Nintendo or 3rd parties do with the Wii, it's always wrong. Examples of complains:
1a. No new IP:s from company X.
1b. No existing IP:s from company X.
2a. Nintendo forgot its fans.
2b. Nintendo makes games too similar to their predecessors.
3a. All the games are the same with waggle.
3b. The games don't use motion controls enough.
Etc...

@FilaBrasileiro: You're right, just look how much PS360 support Disney has.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

I agree. There is no real "big" game from SE for the Wii. But face the fact: SE is not the good firm it has been. Their games are generic and boring now. Yes FF13 will have fantastic graphics but beside of that?

The Wii gets it it RPG from other Developers: Fragile, Arc Rise Fantasia, Tales of Symphonia. The SE-Franchises will be bleed out in this generation because a majority of gamers will never get the chance to play them because they only have a Wii and only bad SE-Games.

Perhaps in 2012 everyone is waiting for Fragile 2 or Arc Rise Fantasia 2 and not for a new FF or Dragon Quest.

I think they will because SE will go where the money is. They proved this by breaking the FFXIII exclusive with ps3 and the amount of games they put on the DS.

It makes sense for them because the wii has much lower dev cost and dev cost on making their games for the hd consoles much be astronomically high. Not to mention the Wii has the largest user base in Japan and worldwide. The question is why would nt SE support the Wii?

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

Around the Network

@ People complaing about square enix not putting anything big on the wii.

Also SE party isn't over, and TGS is still to come. There should be some more announcements. Really people need to stop complaining. Nintendo isn't showing any of their big games, why can't square enix do the same? I expect the Wii to get at least half of the support the DS gets from square enix(which is saying alot).

@sc~: I'm not complaining without a reason. Pretty much SE ignored the Wii on purpose. Well its not like GC had any support either, this is just a dev Wii owners need to scratch off their list and stop getting their hopes up. I'm pretty tired as well of hearing people say "Wait till TGS! Wait till E3!" we know they got nothing comingout, so lets face it. I've made up my mind today which is to forget that SE exists, it's better.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

I refuse to do this again. >.>

1. Publishers don't know how to sell on the Wii (fixing)
2. Chocobo Dungeon is the usual SE misconception that people who own Nintendo hand helds own Nintendo consoles.
3. SE likes money, when FFXII comes out on the PS3 it will sell around 2~3 million units in the first 7 months or so after that I don't know, but it will be the worst selling FF main stay on the Playstation platform combined with the Xbox360 sales then your looking at CoD4 * 1/2.
I don't think Squares investors like the sound of testing demographics with their main series, while I'm sure Wada wants to stay in the CGI area as well as his developers, I have quotes of them saying CGI is a weapon for Square that sets them apart from the rest.
4. Wii development for Square is inevitable but it wont be happening soon, probably 2011, Square invested way too heavily into the PS3 and in 2007 they were stuck with a decision. to lower the loss by shifiting to more western development or going with the trend. The chose to go with western however my guess is their investors didn't like that idea and Square made Dragon Quest Swords and Chocobo Dungeon as fast as possible. (Probably under a year)

5. FFCC: What I'm about to state is my understanding of facts.
In 2005/6 Square showed a trailer for FFCC:CB which didn have a release date, the game did look very cool though, at this point Square was also boasting their white engine, later on the engine became known as the crystal engine and Square also announced the tool set worked on multiple formats - they went indepth to explain that the Wii could oblige fuctions in this "powerful" engine. Just before this point as I'm sure others remember - FFCC:CB was scheduled to be released in June 2008, then moved to October 2008 I believe and then it vanished. That was about a month before the announcement of the renaming of the white engine.

I'm thinking SE is just trying to do what they always do, and that is the make the most beutiful game to push the systems limits while achieving an art style the would over shadow the competitions titles.

- As a side note, I remember Sony saying if first party titles fail then it's healthy for 3rd parties.. I figure he was talking about Folk Lore...

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

@Trestres: It can be considered as a "loss", only if you like SE games... Besides, you already listed 5 exclusives in the OP. Which is more than 360 or PS3 has.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Rushed cash-ins are not what people expect from SE. At least not what I expected. Very stupid from them, but I know they are doing it on purpose, there's simply no other explanation.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies