By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will SE support the Wii?

I see, well then how about this, if SE has such resentment towards Nintendo then why would they announce FFCC:CB in 2006? (2005) They obviously viewed that title as a success... maybe for a second if you were being rational for that second, just maybe the development team bumped into a problem that couldn't be rememdied, remember SE did go out of thier way to claim that "Crystal Tools" could work on Wii.
Why would they say that if all they could deliver was FFCC:DS/Wii title?

The big picture is that any company vested with thier main development team in the HD section are not coming out with games in quantity like they did before. I saw on N4G an article about the top Capcom games in sales, diging a little I could see the difference within a 6 year period to this cycles 3 year period in quantity. (Not including hand helds or cell phones.) Just by eye-balling it the number of games declined (quality or not) drastically.

Square is known as the Japanese company that makes FF and FF is known for it's CGI thanks in major part to FF7 and 10. Clearly they put thier lead teams on FFXIII (senior employees) when they cought wind of the real world situation they make it very clear that what they were working on works on the Wii also (bad marketing here) By this point FFCC:CB was already playable, in fact it had a release date for sometime in June 08 which magically vanished from every website I saw it on 4 to 5 months before June 08.

My guess is that the game was going to be a FF (number here) clone and would abandon it's multiplayer roots, Square didn't see this as the winning formula for that kind of product and this is the substitute.

The question is will there be another console FFCC that actually looks like it was made for whatever console it's on.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network

If you think SE will buy Namco, you're delusional. Namco is a much bigger company than SE. Se isn't as important as it once was (last gen for example).

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Godot said:
If you think SE will buy Namco, you're delusional. Namco is a much bigger company than SE. Se isn't as important as it once was (last gen for example).

They basically admitted that they got themselves too locked in, which is why the are pushing for expansion with both new IPs and genres beyond RPGs.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

I doubt it, they published two spinoffs like Dragon Quest Swords and Final Fantasy Fables but other than that, I doubt they will publish much else. If memories serves Dragon Quest Swords did sell 500k in Japan so I don't see why they would ignore it but SE is stubborn. They rather admit the Wii doesn't exist than support the selling tyrant.

Pixel Art can be fun.

gonintendo says that Crystal Bearer ist not cancelled.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=62744

But has anyone hope that Squenix is able to make a decent game? All the Squenix games in the last month are mediocre at best. There are a lot more promising jprgs from other developers in production, especially for the wii.

Around the Network

i now no longer mind SE and i dont mind ubisoft either. neither of them hate wii.

ubisoft: raving rabbids is a great party game, much better than brawl (at partys with non gamers) plus red steel 2 which if done right definately has lots of promise (we havnt seem anything on this so why is it less likely to be cancelled than crystal bearers?) plus they are bringing over japaneeses games like tenchu IV and NMH

SE: they have found that wii games with big name franchises sell well eg. tales of by namco, resident evil by capcom and dragon quest by SE. im sure they will put more spin offs and possibly main titles on wii. whilst not the strongest supporter chcobo dungeon was not a bad game and remember theywere one of the first early supporters of wiiware. trestres is wayyyyy over reacting

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

trestres has only one way to react and that is to overreact.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D