By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will SE support the Wii?

Onimusha12 said:
It is annoying to see this hapen, but Square-Enix isn't really a developer to desire games from. Their products are only good for a console's street cred, they don't even bring the special editions of their games to the West.

Frankly

I'd like to be able to play Square games on my Wii

They make pretty cool games

Around the Network

They Never will, Square (not Enix) is a graphic whore

^True.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

lol, this thread was bumped too.

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

MANUELF said:
They Never will, Square (not Enix) is a graphic whore

not graphic whore, sound, quality, story line whore.

and a really money spender.

they spend HUGE budget in it games expecially FF titles, they are a poor company considering the title they have.

Around the Network

Not really.

Which really isn't a bad thing. It makes other third party's or upcoming developers have all that free market to sell there games on the Wii.

Which doesn't really worry me after playing Final Fantasy 12 I'm convinced there more concern making games that play themselves.

as ive said before, we have marvellous, as well as support from namco. we dont need SE

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Further new indication and news confirm what I have been saying all this time, that they really do despise the Wii more than any other terrible things in life (like Cancer, Wars, Racism, The Devil, Hitler, etc.)

With this rumour of FFCC:CB being cancelled, the announcement of the new PSP RPG "Dragon Gears" and the announcement of that Bahamut JRPG, which points at being an HD game or in the worst of cases a DS/PSP game, we can definitely confirm that SE will not support the Wii. In fact, I believe they will do whatever they can to avoid seeing it selling. Maybe even buy out other companies making Wii games, just to cancel them or move them to another platforms.

They have gone too far, and they will be rewarded with bankrupcy.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres... don't get herded by the rumor mill, sit back and see, if it is true then thiers always Monster Hunter Tri, also I have a very, very strong precognition that a Phantasy Star is in the works for the Wii I'm under the impressions that it may be a new Universe one.

The guys over at Sega USA are kind of being heard by Sega Japan who are kicking themselves for not listening to Sega USA about a Nintendo console Universe game on even the GC. It's not 100% so don't get your hopes up if that info could of, just that certain statements and their Q&A seem to be leading towards that end.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

I wouldn't mind seeing more SEGA support, they have been so far a very consistent and awesome developer. The reason i dislike SE is because they hate the Wii, it's not that they chose to ignore it, but they want to see it fail as hard as they can. I have this belief that they will attempt to destroy the Wii, even if it means going out of business. How? I can only think by buying out companies like Marvelous or Namco, and cancelling all the games.

They are capable of doing it, but anyways they'll end up destroying themselves. Also I believe FFCC:CB being cancelled is not a rumour, but a reality. A reality that we have been living for the past 2 years or so. The game has probably never existed, it was just a teaser to keep fans excited over something. Now that PS3 failed, SE is desperate to deliver a final blow. But I will laugh after their financial figures come out next year showing massive losses. No wonder they had to port FFXIII to the 360 in an act of utter desperation.

At least we know that their lame crap efforts dont sell well on the Wii. Soul Eater and Chocobo bombed terribly :)

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies