By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will SE support the Wii?

It is annoying to see this hapen, but Square-Enix isn't really a developer to desire games from. Their products are only good for a console's street cred, they don't even bring the special editions of their games to the West.

Around the Network
obieslut said:
Millennium said:

Except for one little problem: what you say isn't true. The few epic games that made it to the Wii have sold well and made significant money.

oh really, please name a few

So if you argument is there are no epic games on the Wii then how can you say they sell better on the HD consoles without any contrary evidence. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

obieslut said:

oh really, please name a few

Kingdom Hearts iIi

obieslut said:
Millennium said:
obieslut said:
i like square enixes strategy. use the Wii to put low budget games on to make a big profit to fund the HD-projects.

Why not just ditch the unprofitable HD projects and use the Wii to make better games?

nope everyone knows big epic games sell better on the hd consoles. it would be a waist of time and resources, i am glad square enix know where the market is and how to take advantage of that.

Sorry mate, but how do you define "big epic game" ?

And do they sell well on HD consoles? Good epic game like LO sold only 0.8 mln

Oblivion on the PS3 sold only 0.7 mln

Too Human we all know the story

Now i'm not saying that those games would sell better on the wii, but there is no evidence that they would sell worse,look how shitty Dragon Quest Spin Off sold on the wii.

there's no guarantee KH3 will even make it out this generation. not sure why people want to keep arguing about where it goes.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Around the Network
Soriku said:
@vdoesnt

I think he means an FF XIII game for the Wii which is likely to happen.

I thought Agito was part of the XIII world.

God, so many FF spinoffs, I've finally forgotten what's what.

sc94597 said:
Paul_Warren said:
"It's SE. They're all about the money. They will support the Wii, and their first "big" titles will probably be KH3 and DQX."

Unless they're on PS3.

Well I don't know. Dragon Quest is a Japanese focused series, and almost every game in the Series sold more in Japan than the PS3 has, and I don't see the PS3 picking up enough sales to take it. Even the Wii's userbase in Japan seems a little small for DQ right now, and that is why DQIX is going to ds. KH seems like it has a better chance though, but I don't want to get into that again.

FF13 is releasing exclusive in japan on the ps3, it will dont worry ;)

Jo21 said:

FF13 is releasing exclusive in japan on the ps3, it will dont worry ;)

Don't worry what? Sony would need an installed base in the range of 15 to 25 million PS3's to have any sort of chance of getting it. It wont happen.

http://www.wiiland.com/nintendo-wii/news/does-square-enix-heart-the-wii-009247.php

The pessimistic sentiment among Nintendo owners is somewhat justified. Back in 2007, Square Enix CEO Yoichi Wada came out and publicly denounced the console, likening it to a “toy” rather than a real gaming machine. Interestingly, he wrapped his insult in a bundle of compliments for another, unlikely competitor, the Xbox 360:

“I think the current trend is that most people aren't buying the Wii as a game machine, but as a toy," said Wada in speaking with CNET Japan. "The Wii is the antithesis of the Xbox 360. The Xbox 360 is strictly for hardcore gamers. The attachment rate for the Xbox 360 is much higher than for the Wii. People who buy the 360 really like games."

Maybe that explains it.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:
http://www.wiiland.com/nintendo-wii/news/does-square-enix-heart-the-wii-009247.php

The pessimistic sentiment among Nintendo owners is somewhat justified. Back in 2007, Square Enix CEO Yoichi Wada came out and publicly denounced the console, likening it to a “toy” rather than a real gaming machine. Interestingly, he wrapped his insult in a bundle of compliments for another, unlikely competitor, the Xbox 360:

“I think the current trend is that most people aren't buying the Wii as a game machine, but as a toy," said Wada in speaking with CNET Japan. "The Wii is the antithesis of the Xbox 360. The Xbox 360 is strictly for hardcore gamers. The attachment rate for the Xbox 360 is much higher than for the Wii. People who buy the 360 really like games."

Maybe that explains it.

Or not.

http://www.gamespot.com/ds/rpg/dragonquestix/news.html?sid=6172359&mode=international&cpage=5

Wada appears not to be a fan of complex next-gen consoles like the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3, which he calls "over-engineered." He told the newspaper, "There are too many specs--and you also need a high-definition TV, a broadband connection, and a deep knowledge of gaming--these consoles are mismatched to today's environment. In a year or two years, they will fare better."

http://kotaku.com/344074/will-work-with-microsoft-if-theres-merit

We are astonished by Wii's success and the Nintendo dominance. We thought that the PS3 and the Wii will coexist due to the difference between both strategies, but in the end the users will decide which platform we develop on. The SCE platforms at this point are a bit of a challenge... We think we can do much on the Wii. I talked to Iwata to exploit many possibilities and cheer him on.

In conclusion: Yoichi Wada is on some serious stuff. 

@ClaudeLv250 - Maybe some kind of FFXIII Agito for Wii? I hope we don't see any new installments being announced from FFXIII for the Wii exclusivley because that would branch out the series onto four different platforms...

All signs point to Final Fantasy Haeresis XIII being for the Wii. We'll hear about it either at TGS or the Jump Festa (a mere 2 months after TGS).

Apparently it, a Mana (Seiken Densetsu) game, and Kingdom Hearts III are to be the premiere games for Wii's Crystal Tools. 

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"