By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will SE support the Wii?

When Square-Enix is willing to take a real brand risk with the Wii -a mainline title in a major series- then I'll be satisfied that they take the Wii seriously. Spinoffs, remakes, and new IPs have their place, but I want to see S-E put the reputation of one of its big series on the line, the way it routinely does with other consoles.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

Around the Network

From SE expect very little in the following two years (maybe E3 2010) concerning "big" franchises on a Nintendo's console

Instead of ranting and hating, support the other RPG developers that are putting a lot of effort on their Wii games .

As of TGS 2008, expect very little... I don't think there will be any Wii surprises there (except a new WiiWare game)

the_bloodwalker said:

From SE expect very little in the following two years (maybe E3 2010) concerning "big" franchises on a Nintendo's console

Instead of ranting and hating, support the other RPG developers that are putting a lot of effort on their Wii games .

As of TGS 2008, expect very little... I don't think there will be any Wii surprises there (except a new WiiWare game)

We won't see any game from them at this TGS. Everyone can feel free to quote me if they like.

I wonder who will save them from bankrupcy this time.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Microsoft will pay for their games to appear on Xbox so they have bright future ahead.

i think marvellous will be the SE for wii

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Around the Network

Honestly, forget Square Enix and their Wii situation (for now).

Can we give a GIANT round of applause to Marvelous Entertainment? They are hookin' the Wii up!

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

trestres said:
Because a movie takes up resources and time from the devs, and because they are making a bundle with it.

lol at that

square will come up with games... eventually

Try Rage Of Bahamut ! Free trading card and RPG game on ITunes / Android. Use Code : Laa49998 

And get free  rare card.  Enjoy !

SaviorX said:
Honestly, forget Square Enix and their Wii situation (for now).

Can we give a GIANT round of applause to Marvelous Entertainment? They are hookin' the Wii up!

YES, I applaud Marvelous, Namco, Sega, HVS, Activision, EA, THQ, Tecmo, Codemasters and Eidos. That's the way to go.

SE, Ubisoft, Capcom and Konami know what I think about them, this thread summarizes it.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:
the_bloodwalker said:

We won't see any game from them at this TGS. Everyone can feel free to quote me if they like.

I wonder who will save them from bankrupcy this time.

Why would anyone even bother with you? As soon as you're proven wrong, you're just going to find something else to fuel your self-loathing and bitchfests.

They could announce a FF13 game for the Wii at TGS, and you'd whine that it's not the FFXIII, and then come up with some retarded, nonsensical argument about how it's going to end up on PSP anyway or some dumb shit like that.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

"It's SE. They're all about the money. They will support the Wii, and their first "big" titles will probably be KH3 and DQX."

Unless they're on PS3.

My most anticipated games:  Whatever Hideo Kojima is going to do next, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Gran Turismo 5, Alan Wake, Wii Sports Resort.  Cave Story Wiiware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqqLMgbtrB8