By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Warhammer online - Minimum Requirements Announced

WAR is finished, minimum system requirements announced

That's actually significantly lower than I expected. I guess many people can play it no matter what. Like WoW.

Around the Network

Looks like I can play this one on the road.

For those who don't like clicking.

Paul Barnett, who is currently overseeing the design of the MMORPG Warhammer Online, comfirmed that Warhammer Online is finished and ready to ship. "The game's finished, It's just being polished and cooked." he said.

Although Barnett didn't give us a specific launch date, according to many rumors, Warhammer may come to us soon.

In addition, the Warhammer Online team today announced the current minimum system requirements to run WAR at launch.

Laptop versions of these chipsets may work, but may run comparatively slowly. Standalone cards that are installed in vanilla PCI slots (not PCIe or PCIx or AGP), such as some GeForce FX variants, will perform poorly. Integrated chipsets such as the ATI Xpress and the NVIDIA TurboCache variants will have low settings selected, but should run satisfactorily.

Please note that attempting to play the game using video hardware that isn't listed above may result in reduced performance, graphical issues or cause the game to not run at all.

The NVIDIA GeForce FX series is unsupported under Vista.

For Windows XP For Windows VISTA
2.5 GHz P4 (single core) processor or equivalent
1 Gigabyte RAM
A 128 MB Video Card, with support for Pixel Shader 2.0
At least 15 GB of hard drive space
2.5 GHz P4 processor or equivalent
2 Gigabyte RAM
A 128 MB Video Card, with support for Pixel Shader 2.0
At least 15 GB of hard drive space
Supported Video Cards

ATI Radeon(TM) series

9500, 9600, 9800
X300, X600, X700, X800, X850
X1300, X1600, X1800, X1900, X1950
2400, 2600, 2900,
3650, 3850, 3870, 4850, 4870

NVIDIA GeForce series

FX 5900, FX 5950 
6600, 6800,
7600, 7800, 7900, 7950
8400, 8500, 8600, 8800
9400, 9500, 9600, 9800
GTX 260, GTX 280

Intel(R) Extreme Graphics

GMA X4500

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

This will be the first PC game i've played since COD4. (Excluding Civ 4)

I cant believe its launching without Skaven...

I always look for a woman who has a tattoo. I see a woman with a tattoo, and I’m thinking, okay, here’s a gal who’s capable of making a decision she’ll regret in the future.

Skaven are NPC's.

I'm just glad you didn't say Chaos Dwarfs. Why does every GW fanboy always salivate over a race most haven't ever even seen.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

15 gigs to install the game? Holy shite! That's more than double WoW. (Not as large as Age of Conan though: 27 gigs)

Kingdom Hearts 3 Bet: If Kingdom Hearts 3 becomes a multiplaform title/is not Wii exclusive then I will be banished from this land for 1 week and sing my praises to those who have proved themselves to be more intelligent than I.http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/RDBRaptor/rdbraptor_sig16.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">
My Anime List

Around the Network

hehe my old computer could play this game easy my new one just laugh at those speccs.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

ATI 9500 that made me laugh a little gotta love min requirements

Naum said:
hehe my old computer could play this game easy my new one just laugh at those speccs.

my computer is 2.5 years old, hasn't been updated, and laughes at those specs.  Much lower than I expected.