By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Square Enix prefers MS over Sony?

The knee jerk reactions in this thread are funny.

Do you kids know what the purpose of a company is?

I'll give you a hint; it has to do with money.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Around the Network
Pristine20 said:
blackstar said:
perpride said:

They do not prefer either company in my opinion. The only difference is that they have only recently begun to really develop for Microsoft's consoles so everybody is blowing it a little bit out of proportion. The last game I remember really putting hours into on PSP was Crisis Core. It's not as if they wont be making FFXIII and VXIII for Playstation 3 anymore. I would hope that they will send SO4 over as well since they have two Star Ocean games coming out for PSP. A couple of exclusives simply means that they were funded for specific projects by Microsoft as to where Sony is still sitting back and refusing to spend the money.

THEY DON'T HAVE MONEY

u can't blame sony :)

Not necessarily. They still have some left. They'll just rather spend it on KZ2 because they can't outbid M$

Sony is a bigger company which is worth billions more than Microsoft...they have money... how much money they use to fund the PS3 is a completely different story.

Wow at the fanboy comments. Square had some "issues" with the PS3a while back... the president of Square himself made some pretty tough remarks. Why did he say this? Because SE is a business and they can't dedicate their entire existence to one console. Sony isn't in the dominant position they have been in the past... Unfortunately for Sony fanboys, the 360 is here to stay. I know that's a bitter pill to swallow, but get over it -- it's reality. Instead of having 35-40 million installed PS3s plus Nintendo, we have a split on the HD consoles. Any developer that has the resources to develop multi-platform games MUST do so unless someone PAYS them to NOT go multi. I highly doubt all the moneyhatting people claim MS is doing is really happening. Yeah, there is some, but it would have to appear in financial statements somewhere and we just aren't seeing it. Regardless, people need to get used to the fact that HD games cost so much to develop that multi-plat is here to stay for the vast majority of games. The shallowness of basic business understanding by the rabid fanboys never ceases to amaze me...

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

@Perpride
Microsoft are a fair wack richer company the Sony. Why do you think Sony is bigger then M$?

Hmm, pie.

@kn
The thing is Square is being pretty hypocritical. Saying this is the age of multi-platform and then only having one title go multi-platform while SO4 is still exclusive to the 360 and Versus still exclusive to the PS3 is a bit strange if you ask me.

PSN: Lone_Canis_Lupus

Around the Network

Haha petty fanboys. Its funny that they can't accept facts.

The PS3 is hard to work with. The 360 isn't.

See? I guess that is too hard to accept, considering Sony has probably spent hundreds of thousands more in the first place to get FFXIII exclusive. So keep talking about money. They are money hungry. MS has probably spent the same amount toward them Sony has, if not less for "versus".

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Lone_Canis_Lupus said:
@kn
The thing is Square is being pretty hypocritical. Saying this is the age of multi-platform and then only having one title go multi-platform while SO4 is still exclusive to the 360 and Versus still exclusive to the PS3 is a bit strange if you ask me.

Not really... It very well could be a resources issue.  The PS3 is a newer architecture.  The 360 is a bit more mature and is more PC-like.  It's very possible SE just doesn't have enough experienced and talented PS3 developers to develop every game.  The same can be said in reverse.  Perhaps the business decision is something like this:  Develop versus for the PS3 and see how it goes.  We'll consider the 360 version later.  Let's do one for the 360, too, and see how it goes.

FFXIII is certainly their flagship title and will sell more than both versus and SO4 combined (worldwide).  It makes a ton of business sense to go multi with that game.  Maybe resources aren't there for them to make ALL games multi.

Look at Bioshock.  Everyone says MS moneyhatted that as an exclusive to the 360.  2K, however, came out yesterday and said the decision was etirely 2K's and had more to do with resources and time.  That's kind of a pin to the moneyhat bubble.

In the end, fanboys will always say MS is evil for moneyhatting -- whether true or not.  It's a business decision, however, and all the personal indignation from fanboys on all sides is really quite comical.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

SE has sold out to Microsoft. To me SE has sold its soul to the devil. I do not plan on buying any JRPG's made by SE. I can not stand the genre. JRPG's are too difficult and times consuming.

kn said:
Lone_Canis_Lupus said:
@kn

Not really... It very well could be a resources issue.  The PS3 is a newer architecture.  The 360 is a bit more mature and is more PC-like.  It's very possible SE just doesn't have enough experienced and talented PS3 developers to develop every game.  The same can be said in reverse.  Perhaps the business decision is something like this:  Develop versus for the PS3 and see how it goes.  We'll consider the 360 version later.  Let's do one for the 360, too, and see how it goes.

FFXIII is certainly their flagship title and will sell more than both versus and SO4 combined (worldwide).  It makes a ton of business sense to go multi with that game.  Maybe resources aren't there for them to make ALL games multi.

Look at Bioshock.  Everyone says MS moneyhatted that as an exclusive to the 360.  2K, however, came out yesterday and said the decision was etirely 2K's and had more to do with resources and time.  That's kind of a pin to the moneyhat bubble.

In the end, fanboys will always say MS is evil for moneyhatting -- whether true or not.  It's a business decision, however, and all the personal indignation from fanboys on all sides is really quite comical.

Then why go out and say "this is the age of multi-platform" if they're not going to hold to that? I'm just saying it's hypocritical and misplaced.

PSN: Lone_Canis_Lupus

Griffin said:
Of course they prefer Microsoft. If somebody kept giving you large sums of money would you not prefer them too.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Times Banned: 12

Press----------------> <----------------Press