By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Leo-J: 'ps3-19-23mllion(will not go below 120k WW any week in 08)'

Neos said:
playnext3 said:
ps3 will hit 23 million in the end of the year

this was so constructive..

just like this thread

anyways,,,I never knew about this prediction but he seems pretty right on,,,,infact he earned a point in my with those prediction.

Around the Network
Neos said:
playnext3 said:

Would you have preferred another 'this thread is pointless' post?

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Neos said:
playnext3 said:

And this thread is?

Just ask Sqrl to close this thread.  The more this goes on, the worse it makes you look.

1/ Agree with Sqrl, nothing "terrible" about this thread.

2/ Good chance PS3 will break 14k in Japan, it did do 11k last week - and two big releases this week.

3/ 20m for the PS3 end of '08 was never outlandish, and was quite reasonable. The same can't be said of the people predicting 30-32m for the Wii by the end of the year...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

shams said:
1/ Agree with Sqrl, nothing "terrible" about this thread.

2/ Good chance PS3 will break 14k in Japan, it did do 11k last week - and two big releases this week.

3/ 20m for the PS3 end of '08 was never outlandish, and was quite reasonable. The same can't be said of the people predicting 30-32m for the Wii by the end of the year...

well to be fair, TtT didn't help the ps3 sales either, actually they even fell this week. So why would those games help the ps3?

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network

I still have faith that the PS3 will break 14k in Japan.

SSBB: 1977-0005-2980 (JOEY) MKWii: 4382-2877-5902 (Joeykanga)
Wii:4027-0084-9432-1532             PM me if you add me.
Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"

That's not his fault as it was down to supply. Technically, he is right, because demand has ALWAYS been over 120k this year.

MGS4!

DMeisterJ said:
Now that I think about it, this thread is pretty distastefully done.

I mean leo-j isn't even on the site anymore, and there are some pretty messed-up circumstances to it.

It clearly goes to show the maturity level of the topic creator.

While I can agree with the distaste of the post, at the very least wait till everything said and done, I also have to say this. When you make a prediction you're supposed to account for things like shortages, inability to ship units, bad batches etc. To assume everything will be perfect makes an a$$ out of u & me.

To be sure a 60million goal for wii this year was right out but regardless the potential for 40 million this year is a pretty good high end mark. 60 million wii's in just slightly over 2 years is, to say the least, a bit more lofty than 120,000 PS3's every week for a year. I think on that we can agree.

Edit: I also want to state I never really like Leo-J some things he said were downright wrong but then I think we all do that at some point or another. Why he was gone, I don't know and don't care to find out, just thought I'd add a little to the conversation at hand.

I'm wondering if the people who are annoyed by this thread have seriously considered the possibility that it does break 13,518 in Japan? Neos put himself on the line by making the thread before it was a lock, I think this might actually be a situation where the crow-eating thread might need a revival.

PS - Some good natured ribbing isn't a horrible thing guys, lighten up and remember that the mods are here to keep things civil not boring.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Sqrl said:

I'm wondering if the people who are annoyed by this thread have seriously considered the possibility that it does break 13,518 in Japan? Neos put himself on the line by making the thread before it was a lock, I think this might actually be a situation where the crow-eating thread might need a revival.

PS - Some good natured ribbing isn't a horrible thing guys, lighten up and remember that the mods are here to keep things civil not boring.

`famitsu is now out, just waiting for y-koron to make the thread..lets see ;)

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!