By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Stargate Worlds gameplay videos from Comic-Con 08

Stargate Worlds gameplay videos from Comic-Con 08

supadupagama July 28th, 2008

In case you haven’t signed up for the Stargate Worlds Beta yet, you might be tempted after watching these new Stargate Worlds gameplay videos from Comic-Con 08 of the upcoming science fiction MMORPG with FPS elements; set for a Q4 2008 release.

The game will add to the back story of Stargate SG-1, thus it will take place in the earlier seasons of the show, before the Atlantis expedition and before the Ori story arc. Although the first expansion is planned as Stargate Atlantis. At release, the game will revolve around the Milky Way Galaxy during in the fictional storyline of the ongoing conflict between the Tau’ri and Goa’uld. Playable races as shown at this time will include Humans, Goa’uld, Jaffa, and Asgard.

The first look at Stargate Worlds, developed for the PC by Cheynee Mountain Entertainment.

Click on the bottom-right corner arrow to view it fullscreen.

Watch the Stargate based Massively Muliplayer Online Game being played at Comic-Con 08.

http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2008/07/28/stargate-worlds-gameplay-videos-from-comic-con-08.htm

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Around the Network

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

I'm a fan of the original series (not the atlantis crap + after O'Neill left) but this doesn't look at all interesting to me. =/

MGS4!

Q_A_X said:
I'm a fan of the original series (not the atlantis crap + after O'Neill left) but this doesn't look at all interesting to me. =/

I love them all the way and atlantis too.

Around the Network

Meh i'm a big Stargate fan still but this game just didn't seem that interesting. A classic FPS set in the Stargate universe would be solid. Jaffa, Human, Wraith, and even some of those Ori weapons all together.

It'd be hell to try to balance it with the P90 against a stunner that can't kill or the zat that kills in 2 shots but it could be fun.

I heart Stargate. Easily, my favorite series. however, I refuse to pay a monthly fee to play a game. :(

Machina-AX said:
I'm a Stargate fan as well (I've seen and like all of it - SG1, Atlantis and the 'Farscape' period). It's excellent that the Asgard are in it as well, I love them.

I hope it's good and I will probably give it a go if it is, but I'm not really holding my breath >

I think he means the last seasons of SG-1 when Mitchell and Vala were on it since they were both from Farscape.

azrm2k said:
I think he means the last seasons of SG-1 when Mitchell and Vala were on it since they were both from Farscape.

Ah ok, thanks. Never seen any farscape is it worth a look?