By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Anyone Else Disappointed In DMC4's Camera?

So I picked up Devil May Cry 4 the other day. So far, I've found the game quite fun (I've just finished mission 10, so I guess I'm halfway through). But one thing that constantly aggravates me is the camera. I know you have partial control over it, but I've lost count of the number of times I've found myself in trouble because I couldn't see what I was doing, or what the enemies were doing. It seems to be particularly bad when you're standing near a wall as invariably, you end up off-camera or the opponent does, which, is just as bad. I just finished fighting Dante for the second time and man... whenever I got near a wall the camera would lock several inches above Nero's head, meaning I could hardly see a thing. I ended up relying on sound alone whenever that happened and that is not a good thing against Dante...

Am I being too picky? I know the camera has always been a bit dodgy in DMC games, but I really had expected better given that they've had time to fix up the issues and the PS3 is certainly powerful enough to run an intelligent camera system. I keep thinking of Mario Galaxy where the camera was able to keep up despite the fact that you were upside down and running like crazy for most of it. It's just that I really like DMC but the camera is just beginning to annoy me a lot... Heavenly Sword's camera was better, for crying out loud.

Around the Network

It's better than Ninja Gaiden 2

Feel free to add me as your friend-PSN ID: Bobo012893

I still don't understand how this day and age there are still fixed camera views in games. DMC4's camera was terrible but not to the point where it hampered me. Yes, I feel your pain.

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus

I was disappointed with some cheap last gen touches like the blue crystal web that formed on the doors in every fight scene.

DMC4 is a last gen game prettied up for the next gen platforms... Although it is a decent game it's not a console seller. I was rather disappointed with DMC4. I expected more innovative and exciting gameplay then what was there.

Around the Network

I'm more disappointed that it was only half a game.

PSN - hanafuda

In my opinion, that was one of the many problems with DMC4. I had never played a DMC game and I was hoping to be really pulled into it all, but what I found was a frustrating, irritating bash-em-up with a weak story and even weaker characters (yes, I played the game with the expectations of it being hard).

dmc4 is superb, and the camera is perfect.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

I am not a fan of Hack n' Slash games. DMC and God of War games are easy. Ninja Gaiden games are too hard.

The worst thing about DMC 4 was the back tracking and recycling of levels. fighting the same bosses over and over was annoying and the one music track per character was annoying. Graphics in DMC 4 were average, nothing special.

Yeah DMC4 was the weakest of the 3 good ones in my opinion. But so long as action games force players to fight in tight confined areas, camera will always be an issue (GoW sort of rectified this with more open areas then NG and DMC have but it still had some camera problems).

DMC4 didn't really hit next-gen on any level, which is sad really seeing as how truly awesome DMC3 was. Combat was the same, new weapons is a next-installment step forward rather then a next-gen sort of thing, camera issues from last gen, graphics weren't exactly a huge leap.

It isn't a bad game, but I would have expected more from capcom (considering how good their run has been lately)