By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Does anyone else have this problem?

Okay so, my 40gig PS3 has always been very quiet. Very occassionally, mainly late at night when my window is shut and blind down the fan on my PS3 hits third gear, the VERY BLOODY LOUD gear. As soon as this happens, i switch off, and the next day because its britain my room gets cold and the ps3 is normal again.

Now, here in england its been hot the last few days, and my bedroom faces the sunset, meaning i get 6-7 hours of direct sunlight everyday. This has heated my room up a lot, and accordingly, the fan on my PS3 has consistently been hitting this high gear and becoming very loud.

My question is, is the fan being so loud simply because of the hot weather? Or is there a problem with the fan?

I did the 40gig fan test thing 2 days ago because of this, and it hasnt helped.

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network

hahaha its sick when that happens its ten times louder than the 360.

It really is. It sounds like an aeroplane!

Yup, when temp. goes up Ps3'll increase its fan power to decrease system's temp.

Better not let that happen so often ,b/c it'll decrease your PS3 lifetime.

Bloody english weather. We wait all year for some sun, and then it fries playstations!

Around the Network

Just keep out of direct sunlight, and if that doesn't help then have a fan on it when using it.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

Heh, if you want to cool your room get one of those cheap Styrofoam coolers fill it with water and ice, get it REALLY cold, lace some copper piping along the back side of an ocelating fan in a gradually widening circle then connect rubber hose to each end of the copper tubing. Stick one end of tubing onto a fish tank pump that's submerged into the cooler and the other end in the cooler so the ice water pumps into the fish tank pump through the tube along the back of the ocelating fan and back into the cooler lol.

It's elaborate but cheaper than running Air conditioning and will lower the temp of your room. I use it at home because my father is the type of guy who wears long sleeves in 80f degree weather and complains it's cold(no lie >.

I have moved our fan into my room but this morning the PS3 fan went mental after 30 mins....im now praying for a cold day to see whether its the sun or some other problem

my ps3s in quite a small room and it never gets this problem... However my couch is between it and the sun so maybe u shuld try and shade it somewhow... Alsoif u want to get on there for hours every half hour or so just take a break nd get a drink etc nd turn off the ps3 for a few mins shuld cool it down a bit!

I had to laugh at it being hot in England, Australia says Hi.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-