By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Speculation thread. If Nintendo dominates enough, could MS & Sony unite?

when playstation 2 had outsold GC and Xbox ( combined) by more than 3 to 1, did they team up?

Around the Network

No.

No, too much bad blood. Both want the other to do as badly as possible as well.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Did Microsoft and Nintendo unite after the PS2 destroyed them? No.

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

dougsdad0629 said:
axumblade said:
Wouldn't happen. The companies (gaming departments at least) hate each other. Haven't you read the constant jabs at each other? I think one of the companies would completely pull out of gaming before they ever decided to merge together. X_x

Yes, but I think both sides understand that those "jabs" are how the game is played.  It's business, not personal.  I don't think there's any actual "hate" there.  Take for example the guy who left Microsoft to head up EA.  He now develops PS3 games obviously.  It's just a job.  If the 2 sides felt there could be a good symbiosis, it would happen.  The problem is actually finding that middle ground that makes everyone happy.

I'm glad someone has a voice of reason and can separate fanboysim from business.  The down to earth hatred is in the fanboy world and not so much in the business world.  If both sides see it as an opportunity to make more money, than I can see it happening.  The fanboy balance would be completely stirred up.

Let's look no further than Squaresoft and Enix.  They were bitter competitors with tons of FF vs. DQ fanboy wars in Japan at the time.  Now look where they are.

Let's not forget that MS and Sony are great friends in the PC business.  Sony makes Laptops and desktops, MS makes Windows.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Around the Network

what if nintendo and sony merged again...like the good old days :D

lol meant to say it would be like the good old days with 1 awesome console with amany of cool games

The more competition the better. If Sony and MS joined together. A new competitor would be needed to enter the video game console market. Apple or EA would be needed to enter the console market.

There's about a 0.1% chance of that happening.

PSN- williwod

Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people- Mr Garrison

THIS CAN NEVER HAPPEN and i'll tell you why. First of all its not just the companies that hate each other. Its also the Fanboys that hate one another. If the two companies merged this would result with the creation of a new system under one new name. I bet you a million $$$$$ that the (true) Fanboys wouldn't even think about buying the new councel because they would be to betrayed by each individual company