By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 - 15 million sold, 135 million to go

dtewi said:
Hus said:
dtewi said:
Hus said:
LoL you all are so blind or is it something else.

15 million at $400 or more.

Try to wrap your little brains around that little fact.

So what you're saying is that the PS3 is selling very bad compared to the Wii because of its price.

Its selling great at what it costs, the less it cost the better the sales will be. 

Quite simple to predict given what the previos price cut did.

Actually, it wasn't the price cut solely. It was the combination of an influx of good games, Blu-Ray winning the war, and the price cut. A price cut really has no long effect on its own.

yahh casue PS3 is really lacking in the future the software department lol.

and bud this place was so admanent BR would not help PS3, what hapepnd (guess i was right all along)

Around the Network

i want yo hear reasons, why PS3 will fail to pass 100 mln. in next 5-6 years?
with every year it will be worse value for money? of`course, competitors will become stronger with every year too, but why people won`t buy ps3?
especially 125 mln. PS2 userbase?
They bought x360? that`s why halo 3 did over 8 mln. copies? =))
wii? with around 14 mln. wii sport - ultra casual stuff))

so what the reasons, that ps2 users don`t care about ps2 games series sequels on ps3?=)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

CrazzyMan said:

so what the reasons, that ps2 users don`t care about ps2 games series sequels on ps3?=)

Because they can play most of the ps2 sequels on the 360?

And is that the best you could do Crazzy?  You didn't make a single list of 30 games coming out before 2015 that is going to motivate people to buy a PS3.  Only 1 "=)"?  No screenshots proving that PS3 is beyond Pixar quality?  You're getting lazy.

Because they can play most of the ps2 sequels on the 360?

And won`t be able to do that on PS3? =))) On RELIABLE console, with FREE online? =)
No screenshots proving that PS3 is beyond Pixar quality
video is better:
http://www.insidegamer.nl/playstation3/resistance2/videos/8101

oh, and some screens of`course:

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

isn't the PS3 selling at the same rate as the PS2?

Around the Network
t Stats87 said:

If you look at total worldwide hardware from launch, Yes.

What that dosen't consider is:

1. In 3 weeks the PS2 will be going through its 2nd christmas on the chart.

2. On each region the Ps3 is behind.

My websites

http://catprog.org

Online games that I play:

http://www.animecubed.com/billy/?Catprog

Stats87 said:

It is almost yes... but it is incredible spin to use it to say they are similar in sales.

The two main reasons are: One. Lack of supply (PS2 basically didn't have it's 1st Christmas period at all... and didn't have decent supply for a good few months after that). And Two. Regional launch variation.
PS2 was only available in Japan for the first 7 months, THEN it launched in America, and 1 month later still until PAL launch.
So if we add up all the months each has been available from Launch until 20 months after launch (where PS3 is now)

Japan: 20 months PS2 vs 20 months PS3
(at least 9 months of PS2 were in poor supply, compared to less than 2 for PS3)

America: 13 months PS2 vs 20 months PS3
(about 7 months poor supply for PS2 vs 1-2 for PS3)

Europe: 12 months PS2 vs 16 months PS3
(7+ months poor supply for PS2 vs no supply issues for PS3)

i think its hilarious myself before i got into pc gaming for my high end games i was nintendo only gamer. i was excited bout the cube and was saying the exact same things all the sony fanboys are saying now that the cube was gonna sell like hotcakes when certain games comes out, or when this happends or that happends but after three years it became obvious that the cube was fighting for last place. and yes after three years if the ps3 hasnt improved on its sales 2X of what it is now it will be last. the FF13 blow hurt big time to sony. it is now showing in the sales figures this week from last. sony took a step backwards instead of moving forwards and in fact have lost the american support that it so desperately needs to succeed.

as for the OP if the ps3 does make it to that then the wii will be roughly around 300 million easy cause if you havnt noticed the wii is outselling the ps3 2 to 1. also the wii is tracking way ahead of what the ps2 did last gen which the wii will become the best seller this gen. microsoft already conceeded that to nintendo by just taking aim at the ps3 and not the wii. in fact there are rumors now microsoft is talkin with nintendo about something which could very well could mean the end days of the playstation.

dick cheney loves me, he wants to take me hunting

mkwii code- 1977-0565-0049

scorptile said:

as for the OP if the ps3 does make it to that then the wii will be roughly around 300 million easy cause if you havnt noticed the wii is outselling the ps3 2 to 1. also the wii is tracking way ahead of what the ps2 did last gen which the wii will become the best seller this gen. microsoft already conceeded that to nintendo by just taking aim at the ps3 and not the wii. in fact there are rumors now microsoft is talkin with nintendo about something which could very well could mean the end days of the playstation.

Before PS3 is done, wii 3 will be coming out think wii waggle and graphics maybe close to the current PS3 games

No way in hell is NIN even remotly dumb enough to ever get into a deal with MS.

BengaBenga said:
lol, this is posted several times now and there's no way PS3 will ever reach that or even PS1 level sales ever.

The competition for the core gamer is stronger, the massive amount of casuals that were on PS2 are buying Wii's and there are only a handfull of important exclusives left.

Don't be dissing PS3 yet buddy. We're not far into the console's life cycle yet so you can't say that.