By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are games missing that spark?

hmm montana i don't really think it is possible to define what spark is. but i till agree that neither brawl nor princess have it.
sometimes a flash game can have it, i think gears had it...., and dead rising was close to having it.

Around the Network

I have noticed that from time to time...

Some overall quality titles lack that special feel that draws you in and makes you enjoy every part of the game.

I remember trying Ace Combat 6, I deifinitely kinda got into that. I put on the headset, (Note, wasn't anyone to talk with on it), and would in an excited state yell random stuff from time to time

:)

flames_of - "I think you're confusing Bush with Chuck Norris."

Wii: 80-85 Million end of 2009 (1.1.09)

Not the "fun" delusion again. Just because something isn't "fun" doesn't mean it isn't good, try and get that into your intellectually deprived skulls people

DTG said:
Not the "fun" delusion again. Just because something isn't "fun" doesn't mean it isn't good, try and get that into your intellectually deprived skulls people

You remind me of those cartoon villians that say "What is fun"

Than they have to sing the FUN Song, anyone know which I'm talking about?

Besides, how do you know our intellectual capabilities?

flames_of - "I think you're confusing Bush with Chuck Norris."

Wii: 80-85 Million end of 2009 (1.1.09)

It isn't the games, it's you. I think back fondly of NBA Jam on the 3DO, Return Fire on the 3DO, Contra III on the SNES, Virtua Fighter II on the Saturn, Sega Rally II on the Dreamcast, Madden 93 on the Genesis, Powerball on the Genesis and so on. Those games all had that "spark" to me. These days, I don't have the time or attention span and so the games don't seem as good.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.