a12331 said:
ssj12 said:
epsilon72 said:
ssj12 said:
a12331 said:
ssj12 said:
a12331 said:
I have a 22 inch monitor 1680 * 1050, also I only have a 420 watt power supply

dear god man, upgrade that first then we can talk video cards.

around to how many watts should I upgrade to 

650 - 700.

It's not necessarily more watts=better though....you have to pick the right brand/model too...

either way his computer will need more then 600w. Also his computer is already maxing his 420w's Any video card like the 4850 or GTX+ will add another 200w's+ to it.

Is this good http://shop2.frys.com/product/5407949?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

or this http://shop2.frys.com/product/5299877?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

go with the first one, it will give you some extra breathing room incase you want to put in an extra HDD or another DVD drive later. Or just plain upgrade your PC again.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network
a12331 said:
ssj12 said:
a12331 said:
but am still stuck about the video card

the 4850 is slightly slower but is enough, the GTX+ is faster but a bit more expensive. Its your call mattering how much you want to spend. IF your limited on cash get the 4850, if your not get the GTX+. Just a warning, you might want to get an extra fan if your computer supports it or better heatsink if you get the 4850.

My budget is 300 including the video card and power supply

your good either way

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please

Ok I used an online PSU calculator and taking into account 4 sticks of ram 20% capacitor aging 2 hard drives 5 usb devices your CPU and either the 4850 or the 9800gtx you're good either way. 342 watts recommened.

Questions now - how much you wanna spend and whether or not you have decent airflow into your case - if not get a dual slot graphics card, if so the bang for buck of the 4850 is where you want to be IMO. xD

Tease.

Squilliam said:
Ok I used an online PSU calculator and taking into account 4 sticks of ram 20% capacitor aging 2 hard drives 5 usb devices your CPU and either the 4850 or the 9800gtx you're good either way. 342 watts recommened.

Questions now - how much you wanna spend and whether or not you have decent airflow into your case - if not get a dual slot graphics card, if so the bang for buck of the 4850 is where you want to be IMO. xD

I sent a reply to your message, and I have one to three usb devises(flash drives) and one usb keyboard and mouse combo

4850 is approximately equal in performance depending on game, but can be found cheaper ($150-$170) despite them having the same MSRP ($199).

Around the Network
Soleron said:
4850 is approximately equal in performance depending on game, but can be found cheaper ($150-$170) despite them having the same MSRP ($199).

well considering the GTX+ isnt even out yet lets wait till we see any special deals

ssj12 said:
Soleron said:

well considering the GTX+ isnt even out yet lets wait till we see any special deals

The MSRP of the GTX+ is supposed to be $230 when it was announced.  The 4850 is now hitting $155 with rebates so there'll have to be some massive discounts to be comparable.

The 4850 will also only get better performance as they improve the drivers while the GTX is already a very mature driver.

You guys need to remember that Nvidia is going to drop some hot new drivers. CUDA will make Nvidia cards run way better than ATI, and I expect them to be able to run ray-tracing once lazy devs take advantage of it.

I know all of this because I'm on an NDA, but I cant disclose performance numbers to you kiddies.

Its clear as ice that the 4850 is the best bang for buck card under $200. Just get it and be happy with it.

crappy old school NES games are more entertaining than next-gen games.