By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dev of Warhawk dropping SixaxiS...

Flashback:

-E3 2005: Sony shows their PS3 with 'banana controller' 

-Tokyo gameshow 2005: Nintendo unveils their controller for the (then called) Revolution. However, they don't say how it works.

-March 06 gameshow:

1) Nintendo shows the revolution to the press with NDA disclosure and show how the controller works (somekind of 3D controlls)...

2) Sony drops 'banana' control scheme (Cause of mass presure from the audience) they say (Essentialy... It was the Wiimote that made em do it)... 

-Pre E3: Sony shows their 'new' controller: The SixaxiS... With 2D motion mapping!(...) They say it will 'Revolutionize the industry' (Yeah right...)

-E3 2006:

1) Sony press conference: Devs show Warhawk... The 1st game to show of how the SixaxiS works and feels. (That demonstration sucked btw)(...) They say it makes the game feel more natural and enables you to fly around really intuitive... Blablabla more PR talk...

2) Nintendo blows the competition away with their 'more superior' 3D controller called Wiimote.

-Later on word came out that the Devs of Warhawk got a message from Sony a few weeks before E3 that they had a new controller (With 2D motion mapping)... And that they wanted Warhawk to be the First game to make use of it... And to show of to the audience at E3 that they already had games for it and were experimenting with it for the last couple of years (Which essentialy was a lie... Cause they just got scared about Nintendo's new controller and wanted to react on it... Which is why they could only implement 2D and got back to the Dual-shock design... A.K.A: Too little time to make a good redesign of the controller)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 25th: I wake up and see the new issue of the 'Power Unlimited' on my doorstep (U should know... I live in Holland... Where Power Unlimited is the biggest gamesmagazine)

I look through the issue... And see Warhawk preview! (Interesting...) And i begin to read it... (...)It says: The played it a few months ago... And a few weeks ago(...)When they played it a few months ago it had SixaxiS controlls... But they sucked! Hard!...(...)A few weeks ago they were invited to play it again... And the only option was to controll it with dual analog sticks... Which played far better they said...  Devs of Warhawk DROPPED the SixaxiS controlls implemented by Sony a few weeks before E3 2006 to try and counter Nintendo's Wiimote! And warhawk dropped the controllscheme!!!!

*Power Unlimited is by no means involved in this post, nor are their superiors. They have roots in the industry and don't make bold claims. They hold emselves to NDA disclosures and get their information from press trips organized by developers or multimedia companies. 

Edit: This better?! Fanboyish stuff removed!

THE NETHERLANDS

Around the Network
StarcraftManiac said:

Flashback:

-E3 2005: Sony shows their PS3 with 'banana controller'

-Tokyo gameshow 2005: Nintendo unveils their controller for the (then called) Revolution. However, they don't say how it works.

-March 06 gameshow:

1) Nintendo shows the revolution to the press with NDA disclosure and show how the controller works (somekind of 3D controlls)...

2) Sony drops 'banana' control scheme (Cause of mass presure from the audience) they say (Essentialy... It was the Wiimote that made em do it)...

-Pre E3: Sony shows their 'new' controller: The SixaxiS... With 2D motion mapping!(...) They say it will 'Revolutionize the industry' (Yeah right...)

-E3 2006:

1) Sony press conference: Devs show Warhawk... The 1st game to show of how the SixaxiS works and feels. (That demonstration sucked btw)(...) They say it makes the game feel more natural and enables you to fly around really intuitive... Blablabla more PR talk...

2) Nintendo blows the competition away with their 'more superior' 3D controller called Wiimote.

-Later on word came out that the Devs of Warhawk got a message from Sony a few weeks before E3 that they had a new controller (With 2D motion mapping)... And that they wanted Warhawk to be the First game to make use of it... And to show of to the audience at E3 that they already had games for it and were experimenting with it for the last couple of years (Which essentialy was a lie... Cause they just got scared about Nintendo's new controller and wanted to react on it... Which is why they could only implement 2D and got back to the Dual-shock design... A.K.A: Too little time to make a good redesign of the controller)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 25th: I wake up and see the new issue of the 'Power Unlimited' on my doorstep (U should know... I live in Holland... Where Power Unlimited is the biggest gamesmagazine)

I look through the issue... And see Warhawk preview! (Interesting...) And i begin to read it... (...)It says: The played it a few months ago... And a few weeks ago(...)When they played it a few months ago it had SixaxiS controlls... But they sucked! Hard!...(...)A few weeks ago they were invited to play it again... And the only option was to controll it with dual analog sticks... Which played far better they said... Cause the SixaxiS controlls LITERALLY SUCKED! Devs of Warhawk DROPPED the SixaxiS controlls implemented by Sony a few weeks before E3 2006 to try and counter Nintendo's Wiimote! And warhawk dropped the controllscheme!!!!

And that, i think, is Really funny! Seeing Sony eagerly react to Nintendo's innovatif controller so early before the E3... And seeing them fail SO HARD! Cause they couldn't get the controlls right for the game to work! The 1st game for SixaxiS!!!... Soo... funny!

*Power Unlimited is by no means involved in this post, nor are their superiors. They have roots in the industry and don't make bold claims. They hold emselves to NDA disclosures and get their information from press trips organized by developers or multimedia companies.

(Im gonna talk about the rumble issue in the near future... That's gonna be fun too )... But i thought this was fun news to post first ...

StarcraftManiac.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLZ  OMG DAT IS TEH FUNNY!!!

Take your fanboyism somewhere else!  

Dude... It's The TRUTH!... Iff i can scan it in i'll immediately post it (It's in Dutch)...

U just can't stand it!

(Risky)Edit: Stupid sonyfanboys! Seeing their world collapse and they keep denying the truth! Yeah... I know... Sometimes it can be hard (Like Nintendo's was the last 10 years)

2nd edit(Before i probaby get banned :'(): Is this too provoking?!... (BTW: It's the truth... Refering to 1st post)

THE NETHERLANDS

@ StarcraftManiac,

It doesn't surprise me at all, Sony always does stuff like that, they were never good in terms of PR, and how they try to appeal to big masses with a £425 console is hilarious.

BTW, it is true, sixaxis is just a poor gimmick, it sucks.

Nevertheless, as soon as the new game from ICO team comes out, I'll be getting a PS3. This for me will be the system seller, Final Fantasy games suck since FFVIII, always getting worse, and Metal Gear Solid 4 looks really good, but the second was such a disappointment that I don't wanna bet on that one till its finish.

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/YUK04.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0"

I don't care if it is the truth, so what, I own all three systems! I don't even play my PS3 that much the point is spread this hateful crap somewhere else!

Around the Network

the purpose of this forum is news and discussion of related subject matter. Surely the content could have been delivered more tactfully but it doesn't change the fact that its still true and worth noting.

Also, owning all three of the consoles doesn't give you a ticket to unbiased town. It's really not a point worth mentioning aside from creating a metaphorical soap box for yourself in the discussion. Saying you're not partial to any of the three will suffice.

Could you adjust your tone just a little bit? So far we've only had pro-Sony lunatics perma-banned for offensively delusional ravings, but you look like you're dangerously close to be the Nintendo fan to suffer the same fate. I'd be very interested in laughing at Sony for their misfortunes, if this indeed is true, but your extravagantly hostile tone takes all the fun out of it.

We're actually winning this round, so let's be good winners and let the Sony fans play their expensive console with the least games in peace, ok? ^^

Parokki said:
Could you adjust your tone just a little bit? So far we've only had pro-Sony lunatics perma-banned for offensively delusional ravings, but you look like you're dangerously close to be the Nintendo fan to suffer the same fate. I'd be very interested in laughing at Sony for their misfortunes, if this indeed is true, but your extravagantly hostile tone takes all the fun out of it.

We're actually winning this round, so let's be good winners and let the Sony fans play their expensive console with the least games in peace, ok? ^^

Who me? I didn't attack anything Sony, I merely said the thread had somewhat good standing and that claiming ownership of all three consoles doesn't give anyone a ticket to claiming they're unbiased. I didn't even accuse the individual of Being a Sony fan.

He's talkin to me ... And he's kinda right

THE NETHERLANDS

Gballzack said:
Parokki said:

Who me? I didn't attack anything Sony, I merely said the thread had somewhat good standing and that claiming ownership of all three consoles doesn't give anyone a ticket to claiming they're unbiased. I didn't even accuse the individual of Being a Sony fan.

no, I believe he was talking about StarcraftManiac.

no need to be so defensive ;) 

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!