By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - A Good Day for the PSN

I purchased the first gamepack of Siren last night and played the first episode.  It was pretty scary.  I played it with the dualshock and the vibrations really added to the experience.  I was going to play episode 2 last night but the preview of the little girl freaked me out.  The graphics were pretty good, my only gripe was with the police car.  It seemed a little last gen to me. 

Also, I was able to play Pixel Junk Eden.  I was very skeptical of this game.  It has received a lot of positive press but the gameplay videos didn't seem like it would be any fun.  I was wrong.  The demo hooked me and this is a day one purchase.  It is such a unique game graphically and musically.  I hope more games support the in-game video capture to the HDD or upload to YouTube.  This is a feature I will use a lot.  I really like the direction the PSN.  Sony needs to buy Q Games.

On a side note, the download speeds were great last night.  I thought it may be an issue since this was a large release, but I didn't have any problems. 

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Around the Network

Don't know about Siren but 1942 WOOHOO, until now the XBLA has gotten all the classic games remake love.

Ahh crap..is an Eden demo out? I didn't even check the store yesterday. I planned to buy the game day 1 anyway, but that's cool that they put out a demo. It's also good to hear that you liked it. I'd still like to play Siren though, but that's not exactly my favorite genre. Horror games just eh..don't do it for me I guess. I'm much more into multiplayer though, so it would make sense I guess.

I have never had any problems with the PSN. It runs perfectly for me. Of course, im likely to be biased in this opinion

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

@Colonelstubbs - The only time I had a problem with the PSN speeds was when they released the Omega Dawn Warhawk pack and a firmware. I agree that overall the PSN speeds are great.

Around the Network

PSN is one of the main reasons I use my PS3 as often as I do these days. I think it's the #1 underestimated resource on the system and should really be pointed to every time someone says that the PS3 doesn't have any games.

As a side note, I've also had a great experience downloading content off the network. And i'm using WiFi so double good :)

Do you know if xbox live offers full game downloads or is it just the arcade style games? Sony is doing a good job of nudging digital distribution by offering some of the Blu-ray games on PSN (Warhawk, GT5P, Fatal Inertia, Siren, and Socom). I like the fact that Sony seems to have some standards on the type and quality of game that they will publish on the PSN.

well... there is the xbox originals, and some of them have been released on other platforms (for example: puzzle quest).

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

I'm surprised that MS hasn't released any full length 360 games with digital distribution. It seems like it is their future direction.

My friends say Eden is gay... YOUR ALL WRONG lol, the demo is long though, longest demo i ever played, anyone else got this?