By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii: No More Nintendo Surprises This Year

I could be wrong, but I suspect that Nintendo (probably) had a pretty big game that was supposed to be released for the holiday season that was delayed. I would imagine that this delay would be justified because of a combination of factors including the Wii having the strongest third party line-up in a holiday season Nintendo has seen in a very long time, Nintendo's software sales tracking (far) above where they projected them being, and the game needing some work to meet its potential.

If I am correct the interesting thing is how much more annoyed Nintendo fans were by an unannounced game being delayed than they have been from announced games being delayed several times; because the game wasn't announced, people assumed that Nintendo wasn't focusing on them anymore rather than Nintendo trying to provide the best game experience.

Around the Network

anyone have a Wii I can borrow for StarFox?

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

I have a feeling maybe Nintendo wants to let 3rd parties have some fun this holiday season, especially the more core games that are coming. That way the complaints that only Nintendo games sell on Nintendo systems can go away a bit. If Nintendo doesn't have big games for the core gamers, then they'll have to go somewhere else (and the Star Wars games are looking to be the place to go), thus giving some 3rd parties some love. Now all we need are some 3rd parties games to pick up the slack. I'm looking at you Ubisoft!

Sucks. I'm only interested in two third party games for the Wii this year too.

Well this is kinda rendered false by the fact that Nintendo has a Fall media summit where they announce new games and collaborations.

Of course it's Cammie Dunaway, so I'm not really sure why anyone thought she knew what NoJ was planning.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

one more thing, Nintendo stated back in the Winter that they were shifting their focus from the DS to the Wii. I think there are a buttload of Nintendo games in dev for the Wii, and many of them are for the Core. (Zelda, Mario, etc)

However, I believe it is high time for a new 3d DK Adventure.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

I find it very hard to believe that Nintendo has nothing in store this holiday season to satisfy the needs of the "core" gamer. Animal Crossing & Wii Music already have the casuals.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

mike_intellivision said:
This is the year that Nintendo lets third parties carry the water.
Is that not the same strategy that worked with the DS.

This. The way I see it, this is a blatant, flashing-neon-lights sign from Nintendo trying to tell third parties that they've left the gates wide open for them, in an attempt to coax the thus far remarkably stubborn third parties into developing for the market leader ("Look, third parties! We dropped the ball this year, and there's a yawning gap the size of goatse in the market demand we're not filling! Come and get it!"). This is made clear by the fact that whereas Nintendo could have included more information on "core" first party games, the presentation was completely and totally devoid of such games.  Just look at how Pikmin 3 was announced if you want to know what I mean.

Super World Cup Fighter II: Championship 2010 Edition

For a guy that doesn't really like Wario or Animal Crossing, this is very disappointing. :(

the only nintendo game that i want this year is fatal frame 4, the rest are third party. tales 2, rock band 2, dead rising. nintendo games can wait until next year XD

jugando ahora: Super Street fighter 4, ninokuni "ds"
playing now: NINOKUNI, Super Street fighter 4, kof 13
waiting for: 3ds to play street fighter 4 and zelda