By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Good animes in the PSN video store

can anyone recommend any good animes?also, try to describe some of the characters/storyline/drama, etc.

thanks

Around the Network

I'm not into anime, but the anime freaks are talking about PSN exclusive xam'd

FilaBrasileiro said:

Nice av dude, to bad Page lost his damn mind.

As far as anime, whens the store going online for those living in the frozen tundra.

Hus said:
FilaBrasileiro said:

As far as anime, whens the store going online for those living in the frozen tundra.

by frozen tundra, what do you mean? Which country?

crymetyme said:
Hus said:
FilaBrasileiro said:

kanada.

Around the Network
Hus said:
crymetyme said:
Hus said:
FilaBrasileiro said:

kanada.

oh. Sony should put up the rest of the video stores up in many other countries, or else theres no point

Basilisk: It's about two rival ninja clans, Iga and Kouga, who battle each other to determine which grandson of Ieyasu will become the next shogun. Each clan has 10 chosen ninjas, and their names are written on a scroll. Each ninja has their own unique skill and will try to kill the ninjas from the rival clan that are written on the scroll. Upon that, there is a Kouga man and an Iga woman who love each other. They must choose whether to kill the person they love or not.

Xam'd: It takes place on Sentan Island, a neutral zone between the Northern Government and Souther Free zone who are in a war with each other. Akiyuki, the main character, is caught up in a bus explosion with his friends. During that explosion with the help of the white haired girl, Akiyuki is transformed into Xam'd. There's still lots of mystery about Xam'd. Pretty interesting to watch.

I heard Desert Punk is pretty good. Haven't watched an episode yet.

Hus said:
crymetyme said:
Hus said:
FilaBrasileiro said:

kanada.

what part of Canada do you live in?

I'm in Vancouver, so the coldest we usually ever get is...-4 or -5 and that is usually for 1-2 days.

Edmonton however...

First Post I haven't seen X'amd yet, but I can say out of the Funimation titles available, I could recommend pretty much any of them (though I haven't seen Basilisk or MoonPhase).

Desert Punk: Very funny, but if you are turned off by breast jokes, then be warned because it packs more in the first episode than all other anime I've seen combined.  It takes place in the far future when the entire world has been turned into a vast desert and humans barely manage to make a meager living.  Desert Punk is a bounty hunter is this unforgiving world.  He makes his living by being smarter than his competition and his prey.  This makes him a rather ruthless cutthroat, and cunning type of person, except he has one major weakness: women.  Particularly one, beautiful, large breasted woman named Junko who is constantly getting the better of him.  Then there's Kosuna, his pupil in training whom would very much like to grow up to be a badass woman bounty hunter, although Desert Punk would rather have her doing all his chores and dirty work.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=4128

Samurai 7: Loosely based off an Akira Kurosawa film, The Seven Samurai.  It is an interesting mix of sci fi and, umm, Samurai.  Basically it takes place in an era of peace, and the samurai who formally had a role in fighting, no longer have a purpose in life.  While some have managed to adapt to a new way of life, others have turned into bandits called Nobuseri, and terrorize small villages by taking a large portion of their rice crops every year at harvest.  One such village has decided enough is enough, and have decided to fight back.  But the only one that can fight against a samurai is another samurai, so they decide to hire as many samurai as they can before the next harvest.  They manage to scrap together a ragtag bunch of, you guessed it, 7 samurai, and prepare to wage a battle against the Nobuseri for their very livelihood. 

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=3127

Gunslinger Girl: Takes place in a near future Italy.  The social welfare organization, to the public, is an organization that takes in girls who would not have otherwise had a chance to live, and gives them a new life.  In reality, they give these girls cybernetic implants and then train them to be deadly, cold blooded assassins for the government.  As horrendous as it sounds, you'll really find yourself feeling for these girls as they try to balance out their relationships with other people, their "handlers", and of course, each other with their duties to the agency.   

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=2947

I can also recommend Burst Angel, Kiddy Grade, and if you missed it on adult swim, Trinity Blood.  Here's links to all 3:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=3560 Burst Angel

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=891 Kiddy Grade

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=4874 Trinity Blood