By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sega Saturn\PS3...Paradox?

1. The Sega Saturn failed in part due to it being hard to code for (2 main CPUs, hard to keep in synch).

2. The Sega Saturn saw shoddy ports of PS1 games (Doom amongst others only ran at 20fps and looked terrible). It was more powerful than the PS1 but only Sega bothered with putting in the effort to produce games that were top notch.

3. Sega got lazy with the Saturn, they made incorrect assumptions about the target market.

4. Saturn's 1st party titles were generally superb.

5. Most 3rd part games didn't even use the "2nd CPU"

6. 1st parts titles were the ones that people played and said "wow".

The thing Sega didn't have enough of by this point due to the 32x mainly is BRAND LOYALTY

...Does this remind you of another company?

Here's some food for thought

...Do people look back at the history of the Saturn, and then "blame the developers for shoddy ports".

...Is it Sega's fault for choice of hardware and DOES IT EVEN MATTER?

...A Failiure is still a failiure

Around the Network

Comparing PS3 to saturn?

Where is niKKom and that picture of Picard?

This thread needs some of that.

=p Lolz..

I miss Rock_on, at least he was funny.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:

Is he permabanned? I hope not. I enjoyed reading his opinions even when they got outrageous!

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network

Brand loyalty hmm..You know Genesis was quite popular right? It even outsold the Snes in Europe;...One thing it needed was advertisements. Still today a lot of European gamers will look shocked if you say there was a Sega console in that generation the most think Sega skipped a generation.

LOLOLOLOL only agree with the 4 point sorry.

PS3 is starting to do better, it wont be a total failure but Sony is no longer the king of consoles.

Pristine20 said:
psrock said:

Is he permabanned? I hope not. I enjoyed reading his opinions even when they got outrageous!

he graduated. He's taking some classes at gamepro for his masters in trolling.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Whoa, thats creepy. PS3 is the 7th generations Sega Saturn.

Still SEGA > Sony. So they can't be compared TOO much.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.