By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Embrace The Darkness (56k warning)

This is a thread for both PS3 and 360 owners who are getting The Darkness or are planning to get it or are simply curious about the game.

The Darkness (for Xbox 360 and PS3):

Features:

• Genre: First Person Shooter/Horror.
  • Online Multiplayer with up to 16 players in a single match.
  • Downloadable Content on the 360 version.
  • PS3 version is the first game to ever include Home trophies.
  • Made by Starbreeze, the same people behind the acclaimed Chronicles of Riddick game on PC and Xbox.
  • Up to 720p
  • Professional voice actors

Screenshots (1up.com):

I'll get things rolling with a little fact that I didn't know previously: The Darkness is the first PS3 game to feature the trophies from Home. As in once home is available you will be able to see the trophies that you get while playing the game.

Trophies are the PS3's version of achievements and they can be seen in the trophy room in Home. I don't know if this applies to the Beta version of Home or not. Maybe if someone who is in the Beta and has this game could check?

Post your impressions once you get the game and start playing so we can have a discussion.

Edit: Would like to mention a helpful fact. The Darkness is 50$ instead of 60$ all this week at Circuit City for both versions of the game. So if you live near a Circuit City you can get it for cheaper than normal.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/Search.do?c=1&context=&keyword=The+Darkness&searchSection=20012841%7CGames+%26+Toys

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

Although it looks excellent, I don't plan on picking it up. I have two many games that I still haven't beat to pick up yet another. Thankfully my best friend is HUGE Star Breeze fan, he owns the Chronicles of Riddick, and will be picking it up at release. I only got to play a little of Chronicles of Riddick but it was enough to let me know how immensely talented Star Breeze is. PS3 and 360 owners, with out a game backlog like me, should run out and pick this up right away.

Hits stores tomorrow not today for those who did not know.

It sounds interesting but it's not something I need to rush out and buy immediately. (Shooters aren't really my thing).

I'll put it on my christmas list.

The game looks interesting but I won't buy it. I already have enough shooters coming to keep me happy until 2008.

Besides, with Forza and Guitar Hero swallowing my soul, I don't have time for anything else.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

The Darkness cant wait!!!!!!!! im getting the PS3 version because of the extra content but i didnt know it had trophies. can anyone find the link to The Darkness having trophies. If it doesn't have trophies i might get the 360 version because of achievements.

Amazon is shippin it.

the monsters look cool.

I want to be interested in this game, I'm trying. But for some reason, I think it's not going to live up to it's potential.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Anyone got this game yet? Still nowhere to be found near me. Supposed to arrive at 2 pm at my best buy...

I'm gonna get it in a few months, I've still got a lot of catching up to do (I want Motorsotrm, Oblivion (maybe), VF5 (maybe), CoD3, and THP8 (only for boredom killing).

This game does get me excited though, we also have Vegas coming out this week.

When does GRAW2 come out?