By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Kojima: "PS3 is a monster machine"

Onimusha12 said:
I smell another clone of the world's greatest soldier emerging, lol. History will repeat itself, this clone will become the new Snake while Raiden will become the new Gray Fox.

you know, that might not be such a bad ideea, not at all, it could be really great actually :)

"You have the right to the remains of a silent attorney"

Around the Network
el_rika said:
Onimusha12 said:
I smell another clone of the world's greatest soldier emerging, lol. History will repeat itself, this clone will become the new Snake while Raiden will become the new Gray Fox.

you know, that might not be such a bad ideea, not at all, it could be really great actually :)

Or hell, find out that the new Snake is Raiden's child that his girlfriend was pregnant with in MGS2. Maybe Raiden's Son will be the ultimate realization of the Genome Soldier project, a soldier truley efficiently imbued with the DNA of the greatest soldier of all time. Could even do neat shit like Raiden's Son having bazaar flashbacks to things he never did but are part of Snake's DNA infused in him, struggling to find himself in mix of who he was born as and the memories of man whose DNA is infused within him... Or will he find his own destiny. There could even be a conflict in the story of him trying to figure out which Snake his Genome DNA came from? Big Boss? Solid Snake? Liquid Snake? or Solidus Snake? Is he a son of good or a son of evil, and who is this mysterious Ninja he only knows as "Raiden" who seems to know everything about him?

It could be great tie in with the first MGS game's Genome soldiers as well as a brilliant opportunity to do a commentary on how genetics don't determine a man's destiny. Not only will he be paralleling Solid Snake's beginning, but he will be paralleling Raiden's beginning as well in that he is yet another soldier they are trying to turn into Snake.

Since MGS4 was largely compromised as a game in that its primary function was to act as damage control for MGS2 rather than be its own unique story, this would be a chance of Kojima to do something fresh with the series.

Dear mighty leader Hideo Kojima, the one and only creator of excellence never seen before, never played by human hands, all others attempt by can never match you excellency, your god like craftmanship; i beg o powerful but merciful, bless us with another amazing epic of metal gear solid. Amen.

PSN: EDguila

PS3 library:  Motorstorm, Assasin's Creed, Orange Box, Uncharted:DF, Metal Gear Solid 4, Resistance:FOM, Rachet & Clank Future:ToD,

Near future: Folklore, SOCOM Confrontation, BioShock, Little Big Planet, Resistance 2.

FJ-Warez said:
cwbys21 said:
FJ-Warez said:
GodofWine said:

I can't believe people are actually trying to spin this negative....my god.

After 4 years of development a budget of around 70 mill, and the fact that a lot of third partys stated how hard and expensive can be work on the PS3, how can anybody spin it in a bad way???

I would be really interested in learning where you got that 70 million dollar number.  Also third parties bitch and complain, that is what they do.  If it was so damned hard to develop for, why is Insomniac getting ready to release their third full game this fall and a spin off on PSN?  I know they are second party, but Naughty Dog only has one game out and Sony Santa Monica doesn't have a game out.  I think third parties just would rather bitch and complain that actually learn something new and get to work.

Another Sony dev give us the number...

Funny thing, the third partys can complain, but second and first partys can´t, do you think is related to something or Am I missing something???

I think that instead of bitching and complaning they decided to learn something new and especially in Insomiac's case, pump out games as fast as they did last gen.  And link?

cwbys21 said:
FJ-Warez said:
cwbys21 said:
FJ-Warez said:
GodofWine said:

After 4 years of development a budget of around 70 mill, and the fact that a lot of third partys stated how hard and expensive can be work on the PS3, how can anybody spin it in a bad way???

I would be really interested in learning where you got that 70 million dollar number.  Also third parties bitch and complain, that is what they do.  If it was so damned hard to develop for, why is Insomniac getting ready to release their third full game this fall and a spin off on PSN?  I know they are second party, but Naughty Dog only has one game out and Sony Santa Monica doesn't have a game out.  I think third parties just would rather bitch and complain that actually learn something new and get to work.

Funny thing, the third partys can complain, but second and first partys can´t, do you think is related to something or Am I missing something???

I think that instead of bitching and complaning they decided to learn something new and especially in Insomiac's case, pump out games as fast as they did last gen.  And link?

http://www.gamegrep.com/news/6869-god_of_war_ii_designer_wants_to_develop_for_wii/

Like I said before, thirds partys can complain, I wonder why second and first can´t...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Around the Network
Scruff7 said:
MrBubbles said:
Scruff7 said:
MrBubbles said:
The statement comes across pretty badly regardless of what might have been intended. Only a fanboy could fail to see that.

i thought the statement was a very positive one.

like when you point to the new Mitsubishi Evolution X and say: that car is a monster, it eats up everything the road can throw at it.

see, positive

except he didnt say something positive after referring to it as a monster.  it was negative.

but he did say something positive before it:

"In the last two years, we've known what the PS3 is capable of, the specifications of it and how we can utilise it," he continued. "PS3 is a monster machine. That's why it took so much time to create Metal Gear Solid 4."

ie. it took some time to get used to and make good games, but now the capabilities of the machine are known it's a monster. The reason why it took so long it took to make MGS4, is because it took time to realise the mosnter capabilties of the machine.

it's all in the way you chose to interpret the last paragraph. to me that sounds positive. hard at first, but worth it to make a game of MGS4 standard.

spot on dude I agree 100%

It is better to die on one's feet

then live on one's knees

FJ-Warez said:
cwbys21 said:
FJ-Warez said:
cwbys21 said:
FJ-Warez said:
GodofWine said:

http://www.gamegrep.com/news/6869-god_of_war_ii_designer_wants_to_develop_for_wii/

Like I said before, thirds partys can complain, I wonder why second and first can´t...

I read the article in the link. Do you think that he is complaining? What are you smoking? If anything he derides the Wii.

Even though I was less than impressed with my Wii, as well as a lot fo the games I have played, I would love to make a game on this system

Don't pollute this thread just because you hate PS3.

It is better to die on one's feet

then live on one's knees

Not to mention it is still hear say. He says he heard, but he doesn't say from who. Did someone at Konami tell him that? And why would they tell him that especially since he left Sony? Or was it just something he picked up on a web forum like this.