By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Have you ever been sucked in by online advertising?

An Odd thread I agree, but I'm wondering if I'm not the only one who falls victim! 

I'm not talking Spam, only an idiot would even open that stuff, I'm talking the ads you see on websites, I know I have, only recently really, I penitrate my credit card like there's no tomorrow.

Vortex's I've been sucked into recently are: Tales of Pirates (I think I saw that advertised here), Nintendo Merchandise like shirts etc etc (Saw that advertised on Myspace) and recently Sim City DS (Currently advertised on Gamefaqs.com)

I used to think ads like that are usless, but these days It's different, well anyone else get sucked in? Whilst someone replies im off to go and shave with my Super Gillette Mach 3 Turbo Razor :P

Around the Network

I don't even notice the advertising on websites any more, unles it's those annoying ones that seem to spring out of nowhere when the mouse pointer goes over them, but then I am too busy looking for the (close X) to notice what they are advertising.

Well i for one, shot the monkey and won 1.000.000! So why are you complaining?

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

Some ads intrigue me and I've clicked on them but never once bought anything online that wasn't off of Ebay.