By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I think sony should have ignored this generation of game systems.

Sony's timing of release was what put them in the hole they're in now.

I think they should've delayed the announcement and the release to somewhere in the middle of this gen (maybe 2010), continuing to promote PS2 (which continues to sell until now), and then getting the jump on the next generation with blu-ray, cell, and more technological wonders that will undoubtedly be better than the 360's hardware (because right now, the line between the two consoles is pretty blur).

the problem with their timing of release is that there were already two consoles in the market that were cheaper than their own, and they sorta didn't give dev teams time to make software. I believe that only two things truly dominate console wars: timing, and price.

Around the Network

why? sony needs third party dev's and their own devs to know their structure since they will probably have a similar cell and blu ray structure with a stronger GPU and more RAM in their next console

if you ask me M$ will finish 3rd this gen and Sony will take at least second

what put them in the hole they are in was the price, not the timing.

and the PS3 released before the Wii by two day...cheaper doesn't mean better
look what 360 fanboys say about XBL "theres a reason why we pay for live"
well the same can be said for PS3 theres a reason why it costs $400 - $500 depending on which model you want

I think the VGC users should ignore this thread.

Around the Network

but cheaper means more sales. why else would they be doing price cuts every so often?

DMeisterJ said:
I think the VGC users should ignore this thread.

I AGREE!!

bugrimmar said:
but cheaper means more sales. why else would they be doing price cuts every so often?

Sony lowered manufacturing costs on the PS3...the 80GB and 40GB are cheaper to make than the 20GB and 60GB

BD would've lost to HD-DVD if the PS3 was delayed even more.

And that's a even bigger lost to the whole Sony Corp.

Good point. However, the ps2 was starting to feel outdated. As a hardcore game, even a tue PS fan like myself would have been forced to buy the 360 if ps3 wasn't out before 2008

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler