By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I want to know what people think on sony still making games for the ps2

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Consoles owned: Game Cube, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, PSP, PS1, PS2, PS3.

My prediction: NATAL WILL NOT help 360 sales. Maybe a 50-100k boost week 1, then a 30-70 k boost week 2, and back to the norm again after 3-5 weeks.

Around the Network

It still gets produced and sold and games that appear on it still make a profit.

PSN name: Gazz1979 (feel free to add me, but please put your Vgchartz name in the message!)

Battlefield 2: Gazz1979

always love the PS2......i have no problem with them making PS2 games

i guess its a good thing because if they stopped the ps2 they wouldnt be able to use the profits to make the ps3 better

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Consoles owned: Game Cube, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, PSP, PS1, PS2, PS3.

My prediction: NATAL WILL NOT help 360 sales. Maybe a 50-100k boost week 1, then a 30-70 k boost week 2, and back to the norm again after 3-5 weeks.

I have no problems with sony still making PS2 games. what does bug me is the PS3 having no backwards compatibility, meaning sony is shoe-horning people to buy both if they dont already have either but was hoping to get a PS3 to take advantage of BC.

meh...

um..stuff

Around the Network

they have a 10 year plan for the PS2, so why shouldnt they make games for it still, the PS2 has also sold over 100m consoles, so games on it will make money for them

The PS2 is mostly getting multi-platform ports at this time. If enough people want to buy them, it makes sense to keep making them. Guitar Hero III sold more on the PS2 than any other console.

Nah. Sony should toss ps2 away to sell ps3. But that would be pretty stupid,ps2 sells well and games too.

Take my love, take my land..

as long as it keeps selling about 100k a week then why not, sony is just looking after all the install base they have and not just dumong them like 2 other companies i could mention

I wouldn't mind continued support, but after Persona 4 (in December), is there anything left?