By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone hype/expectations explained.

Blue3 said:
A FPS is not that hard to do, given enough time and resouces a great fps is easy. Thats exactly what gurilla got this time.

And this is why you're a tool.  Making any type of gaming isn't nearly as easy you'd think.  If you want a completely generic FPS (Resistance), then yes, I suppose they are easy to make, otherwise, they require a very large amount of work that just throwing money at isn't going to make great. 

Around the Network

"And this is why you're a tool."

Exactly.

Will Blue3 ever open his eyes? Or has his fanboy mentality taken over his brain?

Or he could just be a tool as ppl say.  he he :)

Sweet and ready to roll!

YourBiologicaldaddy said:

"And this is why you're a tool."

Exactly.

Will Blue3 ever open his eyes? Or has his fanboy mentality taken over his brain?

Or he could just be a tool as ppl say. he he :)

what wii fanboys say, like hehe you jackass.

Hopefully there isn't going to be flaming between the two....

I'm an ALIEN!!!! - officially identified as by Konnichiwa

Of course... My English is still... horrible - appreciation and thanks to FJ-Warez  

Brawl FC: 0301-9911-8154

twesterm said:

Blue3 said:
A FPS is not that hard to do, given enough time and resouces a great fps is easy. Thats exactly what gurilla got this time.

And this is why you're a tool. Making any type of gaming isn't nearly as easy you'd think. If you want a completely generic FPS (Resistance), then yes, I suppose they are easy to make, otherwise, they require a very large amount of work that just throwing money at isn't going to make great.

obvioulsy dude you are the tool.

What fps is not generic ? they all are run around and shoot stuff. 

So gueriill are not working hard, they are sitting on the patio drinig expensve wine ? all 150 of them just blowing through sonys cash on booze.  A large amount of work could not be done in the 3 years of development.

Around the Network
Blue3 said:
twesterm said:

Blue3 said:

And this is why you're a tool. Making any type of gaming isn't nearly as easy you'd think. If you want a completely generic FPS (Resistance), then yes, I suppose they are easy to make, otherwise, they require a very large amount of work that just throwing money at isn't going to make great.

So gueriill are not working hard, they are sitting on the patio drinig expensve wine ? all 150 of them just blowing through sonys cash on booze. A large amount of work could not be done in the 3 years of development.

lots of money does not make a good game.

Look at Daikatana.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

well im with twesterm on this, your a fool if you think making games is easy (even fps), and geurilla games didnt nail in the first and the second time. i just do not understand why all sony fanboys think this game will be great, is it only becouse of the pre-rendered video (which looked great, but wasnt that special) and becouse theyve got a large budget? i just never seeing it something like half-life or even gears.

omgwtfbbq said:
Blue3 said:
twesterm said:

Blue3 said:

So gueriill are not working hard, they are sitting on the patio drinig expensve wine ? all 150 of them just blowing through sonys cash on booze. A large amount of work could not be done in the 3 years of development.

Look at Daikatana.

so obviosly daikatana shows Killzone will be bad.

Daikatana took John Romero, who had something to do with Quake. Remember quake? Was viewed as the next step in FPSes? A lot of capital, and far too much promotion and turned it into at best a mediocre game. It's not like the team was untalented. In fact, the kiss of death was ads like "John Romero is about to make you his bitch" overselling a game that didn't deserve it, making it percieved as God Awful.

It's a nice reminder that A) Too much hype can be bad B) Money doesn't solve anything and C) Even talented developers and designers can make a bad game. Cept Miyamoto.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

omgwtfbbq said:

Look at Daikatana.

How much Daikatana cost? I think much is pretty relative...