By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - GTAIV for PC accidentally confirmed?

People also buy consoles for the games. Why buy the console or the game if you can get the game on your PC for free?

I would say at least half the people I know that game on PC own a 360 or PS3. However most people I know who console game, don't PC game. Boy are they missing out.

Around the Network
west-phoenix-az said:
Kyros said:
That would kill sales of console versions

why? Rockstar doesn't give a damn which platform you buy GTA4 for.

As stated previsouly in this thread. Piracy is much higher on PC games than console games. If they release the game on PC it will be priated and they know it. Christmas is a big time for sales of all kinds. If its only available on 360 and PS3 that is what will be purchased. If available on 360, PS3 and PC many will just download pirated copies of the game for their PC. They will lose money, how much they will lose is almost impossible to determine.

The PC version of San Andreas was shipped 2.5 millions copies, not even including the sales from DD services like Steam, D2D, etc... (which, apparently sold quite well there).

So tell me, how is the PC version going to make GTA IV less profitable?

PC FTW!!!

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

It looks as if it will come out on PC. The question is when?

Piracy only kills sales for games purchased in a store. Stick 'em in a much more secure arena, such as Steam, with piracy checks on log-on and DRM, and the games become much harder to pirate.