By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is that only me feeling like Ninty try to keep themself low profile?

I mean Nintendo not trying to release core game in E3'08(they say some ,but not much) and let their fan put more intention into games like The Conduit ,Dead Rising ,Fatal Frame 4 etc. that are making by 3rd party?

Is this mean they're really care and trying to support 3rd party by keep themself low profile so people'll put more interest in 3rd party games?

This's just my guess ,so sorry if i say anything wrong and make someone angry (m_ _)m

Ps. sorry for my poor English. ( ^w^)'

Around the Network

Hmmm, I never thought about it that way. It's entirely plausible that Nintendo took a back seat at E3 to allow the 3rd party games to shine. Mario and Zelda are enough to overshadow anything, so if they indeed have Kid Icarus and/or Zelda ready to show, maybe they did hold back. If anyone can afford to right now, it's definitely Nintendo. Nice theory.

Oh, and you're English is good. :)

Probably not. While there was some focus on 3rd parties, the main attractions were Nintendo titles.

It's probably more that they didn't have much, or much that was far enough along.

I agree, 3rd parties seem to be intimidated by Nintendo, and nintendo wants them to shine in the same way they do on the ds. I think this could work well. Also we get 4 possibly great/great games from Nintendo Animal Crossing, Pikmin 3, Wario Land Shake it, and Captain Rainbow. They will probably announce more stuff as the year goes by. I don't know why people are complaining. I'm happy that they even announced those. E3 is just declining in importance, and its not the place to announce everything anymore.

thats a good theory b/c a lot of poeple have been bashing nintendo on having poor 3rd party support so if they take a back seat and let the "other" guys shine then they could get their support.

Around the Network
Smashchu2 said:
Probably not. While there was some focus on 3rd parties, the main attractions were Nintendo titles.

It's probably more that they didn't have much, or much that was far enough along.

I doubt that. Especially since they have Disaster Day of Crisis( which was announced before the wii launched, and almost released last month, but got delayed) and that kirby game that started developement on the gamecube( could be canceled). Also what has about 3/4ths of nintendo been working on? ALmost all of their games announced at E3 seem to be from EAD. What about retro,monolith, R&D 1, etc? They probably have many things in developement, but are staying low profile.

Yeah, and there's still Leipzig(sp) and TGS to go. You don't want to show too much leg so early on.

I doubt it, they didn't announce anything that's not coming out this yr other than wii sports resort.

No point hyping up a game that's more than a yr away like FFXIII or GoW3

sc94597 said:
Smashchu2 said:

I doubt that. Especially since they have Disaster Day of Crisis( which was announced before the wii launched, and almost released last month, but got delayed) and that kirby game that started developement on the gamecube( could be canceled). Also what has about 3/4ths of nintendo been working on? ALmost all of their games announced at E3 seem to be from EAD. What about retro,monolith, R&D 1, etc? They probably have many things in developement, but are staying low profile.

• Retro-Just finished MP3. They probably wont have a demo till next year
  • Monolith-They have to finish DoD which is probably having lots of bugs. There is no no release date
  • R&D-Now part of EDA (not sure about this one)
  • Hal-Kirby Super Star Ultra
  • Inteligent System-Fire Emblem DS
  • Game Freak-Pokemon Platinum
  • Camelot-Just finished We Love Golf. Their pretty small

Out of all their developers, NST is the only one that doesn't have something, which may be in development. So it could easily be that this is what they have.

thats a good theory and if its what they're trying to do then why not come out and say it. i wouldn't be upset or angry for them saying they wanted to put the spotlight on 3rd parties. unfortunately they made no mention of 3rd parties and it looks as if they abandoned the core gamer and all the attention is right back on nintendo.

3DS FC: 4355-9313-6815