By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone 2 multiplayer interview with GameSpot...

The game will have clan support, as well as a point system for clans.  You can have clan vs clan matches and bet your points on who will win.

http://uk.gamespot.com/video/928377/6194262/videoplayerpop?rgroup=e32008_videos

Around the Network

Clan Support?!

This game could replace Halo 3 easily in my roster. Don't understand why it didn't have clan support.

This video and the other new ones have made me think positively of Killzone 2. It might actually be pretty good after all. It still has too much hype for it right now.

LOLLL DUTCH ACCENT GREAT GAME

The clan points system sounds broken and useless already, each clans starts with 100 points, but there are no points for each player, so you can have your main clan have battles with made up clans to increase you max points by crazy amounts in a very short time.

Around the Network
Griffin said:
The clan points system sounds broken and useless already, each clans starts with 100 points, but there are no points for each player, so you can have your main clan have battles with made up clans to increase you max points by crazy amounts in a very short time.

How so?  The made up clans would only have 100 points, so you'd get 100 points max for each battle with a made up clan.

And I think it will be a major PITA to create a lot of made up clans to do this.

Like they said, once you get in the millions of points, small battles like that will be useless.

I really hope they have ranked and unranked matches, and the server list aswell. They should also use the squads like RFoM, in matches with 16 players on one side, its great to separate offensive teams and defensive teams so you have better access to the map. Plus in many RFoM matches players are speaking different languages.

What they said^. Eventually it'll turn out like a high roller's poker game. They have so much money (points) that a kid coming in with 5 dollars is not gonna be worth the hassle (which may or may not be alot to create a made up clan). They will need to face other high rollers that are willing to bet thousands so it can be worth it/interesting.

SnakeEyez said:
What they said^. Eventually it'll turn out like a high roller's poker game. They have so much money (points) that a kid coming in with 5 dollars is not gonna be worth the hassle (which may or may not be alot to create a made up clan). They will need to face other high rollers that are willing to bet thousands so it can be worth it/interesting.

Exactly.  This will kep the newer clans fighting newer clans, and the older, more experienced clans fighting other older, more experienced clans.

Wow this game is a Halo Killer. Halo 4? pfffttt. A fart in the breeze.