By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Tretton Opens Up

I like him a lot more this year than last.

Around the Network

I like him a lot to be honest, not Miyamoto a lot but still more than Reggie.

And he presented their conference pretty good this year too.

So what did he say about no backwards compatibility for ps3? they just don't care about it because the ps2 is so cheap or what? personally I don't want 10 consoles sitting around connected to my tv.

Read, and despair.

I like Tretton. He's a cool dude

Feel free to add me as your friend-PSN ID: Bobo012893

That sounded alltogether very reasonable and level-headed, might I add even a bit humble. Seems like he knows very well where Sony stands, and he intends to stick to his guns and go down blazing, if so be. Nintendo is surely disrupting the gaming market, but maybe there is a market for Sony in integrating the different entertainment devices and services. I have previously thought there is quite little Sony can do, but I might have been wrong: they might be able to make a lateral move instead of just going upmarket against the Nintendo disruption. I sincerely hope they can do it, I just don't know if their current strategy is coherent enough.

Oh well, time will tell, I suppose.

Around the Network
Borkachev said:
So what did he say about no backwards compatibility for ps3? they just don't care about it because the ps2 is so cheap or what? personally I don't want 10 consoles sitting around connected to my tv.

Read, and despair.

im not going to dispair to much, pretty much what we already knew, they want ps3 owners buying ps3 games.  the rest of the interview was rather interesting, opening up the movies from psn a bit, but not to point that would make it easy for pirates to put the movies out on the internet without a lot of trouble (they are there anyways but whatever, make it harder for blu ray maybe) and that they took home in a different direction which is why there is a delay.

Plaupius, I think Sony knows exactly where they are in the market, they have innovative software, Nintendo has innovative hardware.  I think that the market is big enough for two kind of consoles and it kind of sounds like Sony thinks there is also.  A lot of the "casuals" that are latching onto the wii enjoyed playing with the ps2 as well.

he seemed like an idiot before, but speaking the truth makes him seem like a much better guy.