By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Bundle PS3 80gb + DS3 coming to Europe

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.jeuxvideo.com%2Fnews%2F2008%2F00027506-e3-2008-la-ps3-80-go-aussi-en-europe.htm&hl=en&ie=UTF8&sl=fr&tl=en

It was learned that the 80 gigabyte version of the PlayStation 3, which we discussed yesterday, also arrive in Europe. As it will cost $ 400 from September in the USA, logic would like it landed at 250 euros with us, the rate equivalent to the current price. But it is forgotten that manufacturers like to defy logic, much to the chagrin of European consumers ... In fact, the 80 GB model should apply the same price as the 40 GB model (400 euros), it soon will replace stocks passed. The council of Uncle Edmond, is therefore to wait a bit before you buy the machine from Sony. Finally, after what my eyes detect lynx on the image-cons, this notorious pack will finally DualShock 3 long-awaited on the old continent.

==> As I stated yesterday, this sku will "kill" the all new Xbox360 60gb premium model WW.

Indeed, size matter, and when u look at the number, it is PS3 > Xbox360

EDIT : I ALSO ASSUME THERE IS NO BC INSIDE ... THIS IS NOT THE 80gb BUNDLED WITH MGS4.

Time to Work !

Around the Network

Still no BC, though. Mind you, it's a step in the right direction.

From what I understand everything is more expensive in Europe so why are you surprised? Isn't it like $10 for a gallon of gas?

Great for europeans and that the bundle is with ds3

meh, still not what i want =(

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network

1/ no BC, but I guess we will never get it ...

2/ yes it is expensive but it is the same price at the 40gb right now with sixaxis

3/ it has DS3 !

Time to Work !

Leetgeek said:
From what I understand everything is more expensive in Europe so why are you surprised? Isn't it like $10 for a gallon of gas?

Suprisingly the 360 is actually at a lower price in the UK once you take out the VAT...

It's the equivalent of $380 online with the tax and $323 without it. <$350 the americans pay...

What's more surprising is that the ps3 still sells on par it while being $200 more expensive here...

PSN ID: T_Gears

End of 2009 ltd sales:

Wii = 67-68m

X360 = 38-39m

PS3 = 34-35m

Prediction: The PS3 will surpass the 360 on weekly sales after it drops to $299 on all regular weeks (no big releases).

won't affect sales ,,,

did sony explain why they name this pack "core"?

MetalRain said:
did sony explain why they name this pack "core"?

Because no games are bundled with it.