By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - When is the best time for their to be a PS3 price cut?

Sony has been doing great the first half of 2008 and the second half of 2008. However, they had some setbacks like delays of hot exclusives, losing their best RPg as exclusive and losing 3.3 billion dollars. My question is when do you think is the best time for them to have a price cut and how can they be sure that they won't lose more money? All Sony needs to do to sell more hardware is to release more great software titles and an updated PSN. I think the best time to have a price cut is after the release of Final Fantasy XIII. That way they will not only earn a lot of money off of final fantasy but increased hardware sales. When do you guys think is the best time for their to be price cut?

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Around the Network

Right now, they can make bundle, and that is all.

But it is not a problem since 80gb + BR player inside >> 60gb

I assume they have to wait in 2009 to cut by another 100$.

I m guessing that GT5 release/RE4 release/FFXIII release (spring at best for all) are the best date to cut the price and throw the Xbox360 offer back in the hell.

Time to Work !

80GB PS3 for $399. That is a $100 price cut it was announced at E3. A news article has been posted on that 399 "80GB PS3" announcement.

PAL area price drop would help them most.

it is not the 80gb with BC capacity, only 2 usb, no card reader ...

Time to Work !

Around the Network

maybe by Christmas...

i would have to say cut the price some time in November right before holiday sales. then, hopefully they can cut the price with one da big titles in the spring... maybe.

maybe they could cut it with da resistance 2 release.

During the holidays but if it dosent then maybe when gow3 release

Yeah I think they should hold off as well untill next spring, then drop the price $100. They will sell 11,000,000 this year easily and thats better than their goals are currently.