By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Now Microsoft has won E3, will they get a Sony-like boost?

Squilliam said:
BMaker11 said:
Squilliam said:
Skeeuk said:

ps. can someone explain because its baffling me, on how 360 isnt shifting more consoles than ps3 even with a lower rpice point, supposdly better onine and games? So why isn't the PS3 outselling the Xbox360 significantly  inspite of having blu ray worth $400 and free online?

such spin! you have no way to counteract him saying "the 360 is getting outsold" so you try and damage control it by saying "why isn't it being outsell by more?" Being outsold is being outsold, and that's all that matters. Take it one step further, being outsold = people want the other product more than yours, no ifs ands or buts about it

You can price a full sized GM car at a little higher than a Toyota Yaris Mini and if it only outsells it by a little and you're losing money from selling it at that price what have you gained exactly?

What a terrible analogy.

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

Around the Network
Skeeuk said:

microsoft didnt win E3

and i dont think they will have a shift forward.

playstation 3 is now king of shooters, and sales will keep up over that of 360 even with a higher price point.

ff13 360 port wont hurt ff13 ps3 sales. by the time ff13 is released there will be many other ps3 rpg`s on the horizon

ps. can someone explain because its baffling me, on how 360 isnt shifting more consoles than ps3 even with a lower rpice point, supposdly better onine and games?

According to gamefaqs poll they did.

Even if PS3 now has equally good/better shooters, Xbox 360 has already tapped the shooter market. With Gears 2 and multiplat shooters, hardcore shooter fans have no reason to pick up a PS3 this holiday season on top of 360 jst for Resistance 2 and SOCOM and then later MAG.

Pristine20 said:
Squilliam said:
Two important points about the FFXIII anouncement.

A. Microsoft WILL dominate the RPG genre, so anyone with at least one eye on RPGs/JRPGs will seriously consider making their first or second console an Xbox360.

B. One of the main criticisms with the Xbox360 is that many of the games are on the PC and because many PC fans buy consoles only for games like JRPGs/and other genres not supported well by the PC it makes it a very viable 2nd platform ahead of the PS3 if you are considering JRPG support.

Shooters do not pull in these people as easily, and it will be interesting to see the reaction in Europe where theres both a high PC gamer penetration and less cultural emphasis on the shooter genre.

If I had to sell one of my consoles now, I would push the PS3 out the door before the Xbox360 even though im a HUGE pc fan with a fast computer because of the JRPG dominance.

I don't know about that one. In Japan where they matter most, people still haven't chosen the 360 over the ps3. i think like the Japanese. I'm one of the greatest JRPG fans you'll find on vgchartz but I'm not getting a 360.

I said "RPG" That means everyone who likes RPG games will have to seriously consider the Xbox360. I know about the Japanese market not getting FFXIII for the Xbox360 so why when im talking about FFXIII would you think what I said was relevant to just the Japanese market?

Tease.

No and NO.
FFXIII is PS3 saviour, Not x360.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

I don't see how M$ wins E3 by announcing a multi-platform game that releases in the US/Europe in 2010. Maybe they can do the same conference next year and be back to back champions.

Maybe Sony should have trumped them by announcing a multi-platform release of FF XIV, due to hit your consoles sometime in the year 2015.

Then Nintendo could have countered with the annoucement that they would have a multi-platform release of GTA VIII, releasing sometime around 2020.

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”

Stephen Henry Roberts

Around the Network

THIS THREAD IS FULL OF LOSE!

Gobias said:
Squilliam said:
BMaker11 said:
Squilliam said:
Skeeuk said:

ps. can someone explain because its baffling me, on how 360 isnt shifting more consoles than ps3 even with a lower rpice point, supposdly better onine and games? So why isn't the PS3 outselling the Xbox360 significantly  inspite of having blu ray worth $400 and free online?

such spin! you have no way to counteract him saying "the 360 is getting outsold" so you try and damage control it by saying "why isn't it being outsell by more?" Being outsold is being outsold, and that's all that matters. Take it one step further, being outsold = people want the other product more than yours, no ifs ands or buts about it

You can price a full sized GM car at a little higher than a Toyota Yaris Mini and if it only outsells it by a little and you're losing money from selling it at that price what have you gained exactly?

What a terrible analogy.

Its all a matter of perspective. Some if the PS3 is percieved to have much greater value and is not outselling the Xbox360 by much then it is the PS3 that has the problem not the Xbox360.

Tease.

On Gamefaqs:

Before E3:

Which company do you think will have the best E3 this year?

Nintendo 31.91%

Microsoft 22.43%

Sony 22.27%

It'll be too close to call between those three 12.88%

None of them, prepare for disappointments 10.51%

TOTAL VOTES     75885

After E3:

Which company do you think had the best E3 press conference this year?

Microsoft - Price drop + FFXIII = Win 41.19%

Nintendo - The Wii and DS continue to dominate 12.73%

Sony - The PS3 is finally coming into its own 17.35%

They were all pretty good, let's call it a tie 7.08%

Honestly, I didn't pay attention to any of them 21.65%

TOTAL VOTES     48878

this game will have sold about 5-6 million life time possibly more but i am going by previous FF games. And then factor in that this game will sell more units on the sony console because of no Japaneses release for 360.

then when you consider that the games install base is going to get split into two that leaves around 3 mill or less for 360.

now many rpg's have been on the 360 already so rpg lovers are already going to be on the console, pluss factor in that all 3mill copies of the game are not going to be people who brought a 360 on the games US/EU release.

so if you are thinking that this game is going to give the 360 like a couple of million hardware boost from now till generations end then think again.

You have also got to consider the fact that the PS3 still has the other FF's, so a true die hard FF lover is going to still get the ps3 because they get more FF for the buck.

Also and i love this one because you always use it, one game does not sell consoles, you need lots and lots of high quality tittles.

EaglesEye379 said:

On Gamefaqs:

Before E3:

Which company do you think will have the best E3 this year?

Nintendo 31.91%

Microsoft 22.43%

Sony 22.27%

It'll be too close to call between those three 12.88%

None of them, prepare for disappointments 10.51%

TOTAL VOTES 75885

After E3:

Which company do you think had the best E3 press conference this year?

Microsoft - Price drop + FFXIII = Win 41.19%

Nintendo - The Wii and DS continue to dominate 12.73%

Sony - The PS3 is finally coming into its own 17.35%

They were all pretty good, let's call it a tie 7.08%

Honestly, I didn't pay attention to any of them 21.65%

TOTAL VOTES 48878

Using the internet to prove a point huh?

All you've proved is the stupidity of the people on Gamefaqs.