By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - All about MAG speculation

[post removed]

Around the Network

I am very curious to see how it is all implemented, but I am pretty optimistic about it.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

I really hope they can get a good community.  Socom was one of the few games where you could hop into any random game and most people would actually work together and use mics.  Granted the gameplay made it a necessity since you couldn't just infinitely respawn.  MAG likely won't have that advantage.  Actually a 128 vs 128 no respawn game could be very interesting.  Would probably need a strict time limit or it would never end though.

Looked like they had some sort of command hierarchy from the trailer, and I would wager on some sort of spawning system similar to PlanetSide, if I was going to guess without seeing any real game footage.

PlanetSide was cool, despite its steep system requirements for the time (2002?), so I have no problem with that idea, translated onto my PS3.

Groucho said:

PlanetSide was cool, despite its steep system requirements for the time (2002?), so I have no problem with that idea, translated onto my PS3.

Planets side came out in 2003, and it still is cool :p. THousands still play it :)