By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360 model purchase question...

For buying a 360, there is the 20 GB supposedly on clearance for $ 299 and the newer 60GB for $349...

Is buying the 60 GB really worthwhile if you don't have the intent of buying much stuff off live?

As for the install to HDD, what if you don't mind slightly longer load times and a noiser console?

With those factors do you think the extra $ 50 is worth it?

flames_of - "I think you're confusing Bush with Chuck Norris."

Wii: 80-85 Million end of 2009 (1.1.09)

Around the Network

Is the 60gb 360's chipset a Jasper or Falcon? If it's a Jasper, the $50 is worth it.

For me its worth it. I didnt think I would ever need 20 GB when I first bought an XBox 360, but as time goes by and I use more and more harddrive space I realize that I need more for movie rentals, arcade, saves, and now installing games.

Most 360 games load times haven't been too bad for me, and since I don't give a crap about thier Movie/TV nonsense storage hasn't been an issue for me either. Then again I haven't owned mine an entire year yet.

It's entirely upto the consumer if it's worth it. If you don't want to install the games, or download an enormous bit of content, then save your $50 and get the 20GB HDD.

Both consoles are going to be identical in terms of internal hardware. However, I will assume that in the next month or so, MS will roll out the new Jasper archatecture which will be on the 60 GB alone (well, Elite and Arcade too. Just not the 20GBs as they won't be made anymore).

However, MS *could* slap a few 20GBs on the new Jasper models if they hadn't run out of 20GB HDDs.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

i have had my 360 nearly 18 months now and i have to admit that im slowly running out of storage space...........

go with the 60gb..... trust me, you'll want to buy stuff off of xbox live, theres over 150 xbox arcade titles, and now that microsoft have upped the size limit for arcade games you can rest assure you'll eventually need the space for games like Portal 2, duke nukem 3D, soul calibur, Ikaruga, streets of rage 2, Doom and the origional N64 version on banjo and kazooie...... i have the 20gb model but i have around 20 xbox arcade titles and with demos ect im now down to 6gb...... for the long term i would say get the 60gb

I doubt I will buy anything from XBLA, I have yet to purchase online stuff from other consoles...

If 20 GB can last so loong for people who actually download a bunch, then it problay will last even longer for someone who doesn't...

flames_of - "I think you're confusing Bush with Chuck Norris."

Wii: 80-85 Million end of 2009 (1.1.09)

I'm still on a 20 gig and it is fine for me. I have about a dozen xbla games and a handful of demos at any given time. I have filled it occasionally but I just delete the demos and I'm good to go. You'll be fine with 20 gigs. That said, the 60 gigger knowing it will be Jasper hardware should be strongly considered...

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

yeah...if you have no plans on downloading things, you should be fine with the 20

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Well, I think the 60 gig will be a better purchase in the end, with the new re-vamped xbox *experience* coming up and all, you will definetly be temped to buy some new things on xbla, and video store.

you should buy a 20 gig though, you can sell the 20 gig on ebay and buy the $100 60 gig pack later on if you change your mind.

Right now though, the 20 gig sounds right for you.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive