By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who had the best E3 keynote?

Lame set of E3 Conferences all around, but that is pretty typical of mid-generation E3s.

I think the floor media will be much better on all fronts.

MS>Sony>=Nin

Not very pleased with any of them

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X
Around the Network

MS had the biggest announcements by far with netflix and their new dashboard/avatar/8 people party thingy. I would say games as well since you saw quite a diverse catalog of games covering every genre with not just one game but multiple.

Nintendo didn't have enough games so I thought it was bad.

Sony had games which was really nice to see especially coming out fairly soon though they really need more casual games as you can't just bank on LBP. Their announcements where pretty lame otherwise.

Overral I am excited as an 360 owner and quite frankly still not looking forward towards buying a Wii or PS3 especially with so many games to buy on the 360 this holiday is just fuking insane.

mrstickball said:

In order:

Microsoft - 8/10
Sony - 5.5/10
Nintendo - 4.5/10

yep

I agree

I'm going to jump on the none of them bandwagon. Microsoft easily had the biggest moment though with FF13. I guess that means they lost the least.

I agree with OP M>S>N
MS set up us the bomb.

Around the Network

If MS secured exclusivity for FF13 then def. but just gaining a game already comming out does nothing...

Im surprised the guy who took Phil Harrisons spot didnt talk at all.

MS > Sony >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Nintendo

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

MS DOMINATED E3...no questions, no arguments.

Final Fantasy XIII, need I say more???  Nope.

Sony was beyond underwhelming, only announced one new game for the ps3, took backwards compatibility out of the ps3, and announced NO JRPG'S.  One more stupid shooter announced.  Whoopie!

Nintendo didn't do anything but brag about its sales.  Also underwhelming, but not as bad as Sony.  (mainly because they didn't lose their best title)

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

Meh, you beat me to it. Well, copying what I said earlier:

In my opinion, Sony had the best showing this E3. They showed the most games and started with a bang with some incredible Resistance 2 footage. God of War 3 is announced, and MAG sounds very ambitious.

I'd give Sony at E3 a 7.5 out of 10.

Microsoft comes second for me. Microsoft had a pretty average show, but the Final Fantasy XIII announcement we all know saved the day.

I'd give Microsoft at E3 a 7 out of 10.

Third comes Nintendo, with a very disappointing, underwhelming conference. Everything that was showed we already knew about, except for Wii Sports 2, which looked mediocre. In fact, not one game showed could pique my interest.

I'd give Nintendo at E3 a 5 out of 10.

Sony very strong overall. PSN is improving, PS3 is improving, same with PSP. They showed they still care about the core audience. The 80gb for 399 is a nice start, but no BC hurts that announcement for me.

Sony>MS>Nintendo as far as conferences go.