By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - the Blu-ray thread, will go on untill hddvds death.

Hus, stop bumping your own thread.

rofl

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Around the Network

Steve Nickerson will exit Warner high-def post

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/home_entertainment/video/e3ic5e5748d210215482fe5e2abfedf8b53

A year later, with the launch of Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD, he became Warner's point man for the new formats as senior vp high-definition media. He was a regular speaker at industry trade shows and conferences and talked up the studio's dual-format approach as giving the consumer the ultimate choice and the studio a chance to maximize high-def disc revenue.

Warner becoming HD DVD exclusive confirmed

Golvellius said:

Warner soon becoming HD DVD exclusive confirmed

Dream on. It costs nothing.

I have to point out that initial costs of blu-ray are higher, but not that high. Factories do cost a lot to make, and the point is long term profits.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Golvellius said:

Steve Nickerson will exit Warner high-def post

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/home_entertainment/video/e3ic5e5748d210215482fe5e2abfedf8b53

A year later, with the launch of Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD, he became Warner's point man for the new formats as senior vp high-definition media. He was a regular speaker at industry trade shows and conferences and talked up the studio's dual-format approach as giving the consumer the ultimate choice and the studio a chance to maximize high-def disc revenue.

Warner becoming HD DVD exclusive confirmed

The BD association's forum see it differently, they said that "Mr. Nickerson was an outspoken proponent of HD DVD, though Warner Brothers does release titles on both Blu-ray and HD DVD. No word on his successor, or if Warner will change it stance on high definition releases. "

Either way, I wouldn't count this as an automatic win for the HD-DVD camp just yet because if the BD people are correct, Warner might be moving to BD exclusively soon as the market is heading BD's way. 

Source:  http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=430

Around the Network

Yeah, this is looking like a move by Warner to BD, haha sorry to dissapoint Golvellius. Nickerson was an avid supporter of HD-DVD..........(drum roll).......because he was a VP of Video Marketing at Toshiba!!!!!!! So, Warner saw that it wouldn't do to have an HD-DVD ally taking care of what might be a move to BD. And at the very least, this makes a move to BD exclusivity look more likely than a move to HD-DVD exclusivity.

Source: http://www.toshiba.com/news/980911.htm

“DTV is the ideal way to bring widescreen programming into the mainstream,” noted Toshiba’s Vice President, Video Marketing Steve Nickerson. “To this end, with the addition of our new widescreen DTV sets, Toshiba will offer the industry’s most complete range of widescreen TVs, from 40-inch to 65-inch screen sizes.”

dallas said:
Yeah, this is looking like a move by Warner to BD, haha sorry to dissapoint Golvellius. Nickerson was an avid supporter of HD-DVD..........(drum roll).......because he was a VP of Video Marketing at Toshiba!!!!!!! So, Warner saw that it wouldn't do to have an HD-DVD ally taking care of what might be a move to BD. And at the very least, this makes a move to BD exclusivity look more likely than a move to HD-DVD exclusivity.

Source: http://www.toshiba.com/news/980911.htm

“DTV is the ideal way to bring widescreen programming into the mainstream,” noted Toshiba’s Vice President, Video Marketing Steve Nickerson. “To this end, with the addition of our new widescreen DTV sets, Toshiba will offer the industry’s most complete range of widescreen TVs, from 40-inch to 65-inch screen sizes.”

And your comment isn't a spin?

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

dallas said:

uh....No?

WB announced no plan to shift exclusivity to any one format.

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/Industry_Trends/Warner/Warner_Denies_Rumors_of_Shift_in_High-Def_Strategy/896

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

dallas:

I would be highly surprised should Warner become BD exclusive. They have always preferred HD DVD over BD, some movies already released on HD DVD aren't even out on BD yet. (Why? Probably because the Blu-ray 1.1 profile isn't finished yet.) Also, Sony means competition. For a company as big as Warner, it might not be the smartest thing to rely too much on a competitor's technology. Despite Warner's denial, I'd expect them to become HD DVD exclusive within the next 8 months.

Golvellius said:

dallas:

I would be highly surprised should Warner become BD exclusive. They have always preferred HD DVD over BD, some movies already released on HD DVD aren't even out on BD yet. (Why? Probably because the Blu-ray 1.1 profile isn't finished yet.) Also, Sony means competition. For a company as big as Warner, it might not be the smartest thing to rely too much on a competitor's technology. Despite Warner's denial, I'd expect them to become HD DVD exclusive within the next 8 months.

I think that it might happen.  If one were to switch formats, the last thing that you would want is for yourr executives to have opposing loyalties that exist outside the company that you work for.  With this guy's case, he was a previous Toshiba exec, so no matter what, he would be loyal to Toshiba.