By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The future of the 360!

So MS has had the E3 conference- To show what this year will bring to for 360 fans and offer something to people who are still trying to decide which system to go for and possibly to prove why it is worth staying with MS; in a nutshell what did they really prove and or have on offer?

The only worthy reason they gave to stay with the 360 is MS's ability to take from others. The Nintendo Mii avatars, Sony's Singstar copy and a very much eyetoy looking game...oh and how can i forget, the big bag off money to have FF not be a ps3 exclusive.

It is a damn shame overall since GoW2 looked great as well as Fable2 and they were totally over shadowed by MS proving at E3 that they do not have what it takes to do things themselves and it is only by taking from others that they can secure their console. 

Since the MS's E3 conference, the biggest topics have been copying the rivals and pay outs. How good a thing can this be for MS? 

Around the Network

honestly the avatar is basically taken from Mii without changing that much.that was really lame.

dfhjsfjsfxkdjiczhydesrf bueidjuri r

the only thing i liked was the

eye toy thing

FF

Fable

and the movie thing.

Apart from that i thought it was kinda mediocre

i dont really think microsofts sales are going to boom, the xbox brand carries to much stigma especially when you add 360 to the mix, most casual gamers probably dont even know that RROD is more or less under control

Around the Network
alicemudgarden said:
dfhjsfjsfxkdjiczhydesrf bueidjuri r

well said

uhhhh
RRROD (Repeat Red Ring Of Death)
try to buy insomniac?
eats chicken?

Respect for compans: SONY > NINTENDO >>>>>>>>>> MICROSOFT

If you're not a Final Fantasy fan then you're right, there's probably little there of any interest. I was starting to get interested in the 360 but their showcase yesterday demonstrated that I'm not their intended audience. They seemed to be going for the hardcore and the very casual, and I'd place myself somewhere in between. Their conference convinced me to stick with my Wii for now and I'll take another look at the situation when the next UK price drop comes along.

kowenicki said:
another bitter post.

MS have a good strategy, they are playing a very clever game in my opinion in garnering support from different areas of the gaming 'community' each year.

Nintendo are organised and have direction

Sony are in a mess at the moment and need to get a grip.

Agreed... And how's those Acheivments whoops sorry I mean Trophies working out for your PS3 OP ?......

kowenicki said:
another bitter post.

MS have a good strategy, they are playing a very clever game in my opinion in garnering support from different areas of the gaming 'community' each year.

Nintendo are organised and have direction

Sony are in a mess at the moment and need to get a grip.

Another bitter post? More like another assumption from another MS fan.My post is not bitter at all. I don't play FF games, i dont have the patience. Currently i have a 360 and a ps3 so again it makes no difference as well as a ps2 and a xbox. 

Like many people on these forums, you totally miss the point being made and possibly look for an excuse to name. IMO it was a very average conference with not much on offer and the only thing that saved MS was FF! IMO that is somewhat pathetic! The fact that GoW2 and fable had to take a back seat to this is even more pathetic (proof of this is the vgc review of the conference where GoW2 and fable are listed towards the bottom in small writing, possibly written by someone who may favor MS over Sony).

So you say they have a good strategy. Yes, if buying and copying is considered a strategy as well as not being able to offer anything that hasn't been mentioned or shown already.

I do agree, Nintendo are well organized, they are the current gen leaders, why wouldn't they be. Stating the obvious there.

Sony being in a mess (how do you figure)? Well, considering they are gaining momentum, blu ray now being the definite next gen format and still having tons of 1st party exclusives seems pretty good. Sony being in a mess will only be true if they screw up at E3. Well we will soon find out. Not long to go nw!