By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why will final fantasy XIII multiplatform make people sell their PS3's?

azrm2k said:
Personally I don't care about this as i'm not an RPG fan.

But.... if KZ2 and Resistance 2 were suddenly announced to be multiplatform I would consider getting a 360 instead of a PS3. A lot of big games like CoD and RB and others are multiplatform anyway so a lot of people are basing decisions on which console to buy based off of exclusives. Now that happens every gen right?

It just seems different this gen because the PS3 and 360 seem to share more multiplatform AAA titles than previous generations and there are fewer exclusives. So one major exclusive going multiplatform definitely changes the equation as FF13 is no longer in the "pro" column for PS3 if you're trying to decide between consoles.

Like I said FF13 going multiplat doesn't affect me but I can definitely understand where people are coming from when they start second guessing their console decisions.

I thought KZ2 was being made by sony?

B

Around the Network

I'm a multiplatform owner. The only reason I have a PS3 is to play this game. This game is now on 360. I sell PS3. Under. Stand?

@ mr.elite

I thought it was GG. But regardless that was just an example. I was saying if a major title you were expecting is no longer exclusive then your options suddenly change. So FF13 going multiplat won't make everybody sell their PS3s but if some people also want other 360 games I could see them going in that direction.

It is.

They wont.Except some inmature fanboys,and some people that dont have PS3 to sell but think they are stabbing Sony somehow by saying this.

Around the Network
Diomedes1976 said:
They wont.Except some inmature fanboys,and some people that dont have PS3 to sell but think they are stabbing Sony somehow by saying this.

Exactly. Im actually selling my 360 now that its going to both systems.

B

Final Fantasy is still on PS3 just not exclusive, why sell a console to buy another when you have a console which will get the better version of.

End of 2008 Sales:

Wii- 39 Million 360- 25Million PS3- 22 Million

PSN: papasmurf5721

PapaSmurf5721 said:
Final Fantasy is still on PS3 just not exclusive, why sell a console to buy another when you have a console which will get the better version of.

You're sooo asking to get flamed for that post. It would be better to say "Still getting the exclusive FF Versus XIII"

B

Because they don`t wanna play:

MGS4
LBP
Resistance 2
Motorstorm:PR
FFXIIIv
WKS
GoW3
Team Ico
Naruto Storm
Tekken 6
Heavy Rain
Infamous
Wardevil

And many other GREAT PS3 exclusives. =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

CrazzyMan said:
Because they don`t wanna play:

MGS4
LBP
Resistance 2
Motorstorm:PR
FFXIIIv
WKS
GoW3
Team Ico
Naruto Storm
Tekken 6
Heavy Rain
Infamous
Wardevil

And many other GREAT PS3 exclusives. =)

Or because they want to play other great 360/Wii exclusives. It's all relative and whatever you think is good isn't neccessarily great for somebody else.  You've really got to learn Crazzy that no matter how many times you pull out your list of titles it won't end the argument like you expect it to as other people could easily pull out a great list of exclusives for their systems.

Just as an aside I still plan on getting a PS3 and I care about only 1-2 of the titles you listed (Resistance 2, maybe God of War 3).